Tell us a little bit about how you got started DJing. Who was your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration were block party Dj's of the mid to late 70's, roller rink Dj's and radio disco mixers like Tony Humphries, Larry Levan and Ted Currier that were some of the first to blend two records together on the air. Mixing always fascinated me. Later on in the early 80's when Hip Hop started to buzz it was Grand Master Flash that was the biggest influence. His turntable wizardry was ahead of it's time back then and he was fast as lightening.
How do you feel that DJing and producing has changed over the last few years?
Both crafts have become more compact. Technology has allowed people to be creative with minimal tools, mostly on a laptop. Many Dj's are rolling up to gigs with thumb drives so now even laptops and cd's are out of the equation. There's more tools to enhance Djing performances, a lot of Dj's are doing tricks and remixing on the fly which can be fun. I just wonder what would happen if there ever came a time when the digital world were to crash. A lot of people would be in trouble. We've become too dependent on technology.
ZENTRAL SOFT OPENING CEREMONY
Date: Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014
Time: 9:00 pm till late
Venue: Zentral, 4-5/F, California Tower, 32 D'Aguilar Street, Central, H.K.
What a bright time, it's the right time...
CHRISTMAS at Bungalow!
We will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so come spend the holidays with us!
Wednesday, December 24th & Thursday, December 25th
Whether you're an avid festival-goer or just love having a good time, you should be no stranger to Future Music Festival happening every year in Australia. For 2015, they are making a splash with the biggest line-up yet, including Avicii, Drake, The Prodigy, Afrojack, NERO and many more. Interested? Here are all the details you need to know.
Tell us a little bit about how you got started DJing. Who was your biggest inspiration?
When I was in primary school I was already always really interested in all sorts of music, and back in secondary school I threw a party for my classmates and I booked a local drive-in DJ - that was the moment I decided to become a DJ myself. Besides, my parents always played a lot of electronic (dance) music at home so that really influenced my choice of music too.
CELEBRATE NEW YEAR’S EVE IN TRUE W STYLE
Fun has always been an important part in W Hong Kong. And this design-oriented hotel brings fun to a whole new level this New Year’s Eve. Lovers of music and fashion can now countdown to 2015 in celebrity fashion at WOOBAR’s SHINE ON Count-down party or privatize their own party moments at its Extreme WOW Suite with SHINE ON party package.
Unplug 2014 and welcome the new year with bigger and LOUDER beats from the best of W Hong Kong’s DJ team - DJ Ros, Anthony2, DJ Tsoi and W Music Curator Flora YTW.
Desperados, a new Tequila flavoured beer has officially made its landing in Hong Kong! And to celebrate, there was a huge warehouse party last week at Osage Gallery, with a lot of neon paint, containers, broken cages, oil drums and DJ Lucas Luraka setting the dance floor on fire. Crowds were going crazy over the dancers who put up quite a performance, and there were plenty of Desperados going around in buckets of flashing bottles. In fact, we’ve never seen a party quite like this! If you missed it, check out some awesome photos from that night to get a taste of what this party beer can bring.
California Fitness has launched an ultimate program that burns fat faster, and keeps it burning longer, with its new H30 Series. 30 minutes of High Intense Interval Training (HIIT) that works you out and keeps you coming back for more, with different fitness elements in each of the three programs. Spend less time and get more results with the new H30 Series!
H30 Series has 3 programs of: PH30 Purmotion™, featuring Purmotion™ that combines weight-lifting and Eastern martial arts; BH30 Kickboxing, featuring Kickboxing, a classic intense cardio that fits perfectly with HIIT; and DH30 Dynamax Ball, featuring Dynamax medicine ball, which effectively improves coordination of motion and of the mind.
CLICK HERE to Register now for a free H30 trial class!
For this year’s World AIDS Day (1 Dec), AIDS Concern will run a “Be Care Full, Fight Stigma” Campaign, sponsored by Standard Chartered Bank. ‘People are aware that HIV will not be transmitted by daily contact, but they tend to keep a distance from people living with HIV. That is why AIDS Concern wants to run the “Be Care Full, Fight Stigma” Campaign to provide a platform for people to connect with people living with HIV by enjoying a cup of coffee brewed by them. We want to show people that all it takes is a small gesture to show concern and care to people affected by HIV and AIDS,’ says Andrew Chidgey, the Chief Executive of AIDS Concern.
AIDS Concern Coffee Truck (29 Nov – 1 Dec)
This Saturday (29 Nov), AIDS Concern will have a specially designed coffee truck touring around Hong Kong to distribute FREE coffee brewed by people living with HIV and promote anti-stigma messages to the mass public. Identifying with the good cause, Holly Brown Coffee will be the coffee sponsor for this three-day event. You are encouraged to support this meaningful event by taking photos with the“Be Care Full, Fight Stigma” coffee cup and upload to Facebook or Instagram #aidsconcern. For every photo posted, Suzuran Bed (HK) Ltd. will donate HKD1 to AIDS Concern for promoting HIV/AIDS prevention and education in Hong Kong.
Lunch for the busy 'Kongers probably involves the usual cha chan tengs or neighborhood cafes, but Blue Butcher has stepped up their lunch game with a brand new menu - namely Butcher & Fries. True to the name, it's all about meat and deep-fried potato goodness plus a healthy side. Best part? It's all-you-can-eat fries! Check out the full deal below the cut.
The brainchild of actress/producer Colette Koo and internationally renowned DJ Joel Lai, drop has been at the forefront of the Hong Kong club scene since it opened its doors in the year 2000. It has remained a permanent fixture on the top spots of both local and international 'best clubs' lists, including 'worldsbestbars.com'.
Joel Lai is widely regarded as Hong Kong's premier house music pioneer, and his collaboration with Colette Koo, succeeded in providing a first class venue, the ultimate party with the very best of the best.
Drops reputation for quality music, inventive cocktails and outstanding customer service, has guaranteed music lovers and clubbers the best night out that Hong Kong has to offer! Drop is recognized as having an eclectic, fun loving crowd, a warm atmosphere, and people who truly know how to party!
- 23.12.2014 | 21.00 ZENTRAL Soft Opening Ceremony
- 23.12.2014 | 22.00 THE CREW presents ＊JOINT U CHRISTMAS LASER PARTY＊23 DEC♞♞ Feat. ERIC KWOK
- 23.12.2014 | 22.30 ✦ Gozzip ✧ 2 Year Anniversary ✦
- 24.12.2014 Xmas Eve Party at Geronimo Shot Bar
- 24.12.2014 - 25.12.2014 Christmas at Bungalow
- 24.12.2014 | 21.00 Celebrate Christmas Eve at the Whisky Bar
- 24.12.2014 | 22.00 Ozone Black light White Christmas party
- 24.12.2014 | 22.00 Joint University Christmas Party 2014
- 24.12.2014 - 26.12.2014 | 22.00 Magnum Club presents GLISTEN VILLAGE
- 24.12.2014 - 26.12.2014 | 22.00 Beijing Club presents FROZEN UNIQUE
- 24.12.2014 - 26.12.2014 | 23.00 DIZZI presents XMAS MYTH
- 24.12.2014 | 23.30 Club CUBIC presents Christmas Eve with DJ Hello Kitty
- 26.12.2014 | 19.00 Soho Friday
- 26.12.2014 | 20.00 15/16 HIPHOP X BAND Christmas Agenda
- 27.12.2014 | 20.00 Panai Live in Hong Kong "Perhaps Someday”
- 27.12.2014 | 23.30 Club CUBIC presents DJ Cookie
- 28.12.2014 | 20.00 CHUIBALLTONG Live In Hong Kong 2014
- 31.12.2014 Under the Stars NYE countdown party at THE MIRA
- 31.12.2014 RED Bar + Restaurant’s New Years’ Eve Countdown
- 31.12.2014 NYE at Geronimo Shot Bar
- DJ SPINNA Interview
- 23 Dec (TUE) Zentral Soft Opening Ceremony
- The Magician - Magic Tape 48
- Christmas at Bungalow
- Future Music Festival 2015 - A Festival You Can't Miss!
- D-Wayne Interview
- SHINE ON NEW YEARS EVE COUNTDOWN PARTY 2015
- 17 Dec (WED) Magnum Wednesday is back!
- Asia Adult Expo Macao Official After Party
- Zuma Presents Hed Kandi Winter Ball with DJ Eibhlin Flynn and Hed Kandi Saxophonist Matt Hines
- Club CUBIC presents Kryder
- Desperados Warehouse Launch Party at Osage Gallery
- Marco V - Nashoba
- 11 Dec (THU) Magnum presents Jetfire
- Register now for a free H30 trial class!
- Our Top 10 Tips for Clockenflap - Hong Kong's Music & Arts Festival
- New World Sound Interview
Activity on Facebook
Fans on Facebook
- Magnum ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 91520
- Beijing ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 81774
- DIZZICategory: NightclubsHits: 79773
- PLAYCategory: NightclubsHits: 76459
- Billion Club (CLOSED)Category: NightclubsHits: 72852
- Club CUBIC (Macau)Category: NightclubsHits: 59438
- VOLARCategory: NightclubsHits: 57623
- LEVELSCategory: NightclubsHits: 55259
- Dragon-ICategory: NightclubsHits: 54245
- PrivéCategory: NightclubsHits: 48599
- Armani/ AquaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 11066
- Shore Steak Lounge...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 11020
- PastisCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 9489
- The Flying Pan (Central)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 8966
- Grappa's CellarCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 7752
- FINDSCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 7167
- Fofo by el WillyCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6956
- Top DeckCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6441
- Azure Restaurant slash...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6333
- King Ludwig Beer Hall...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 5621
- Armani/PrivéCategory: BarsHits: 34550
- Club FLYCategory: BarsHits: 32722
- OZONE Rooftop Bar - The...Category: BarsHits: 24665
- Tazmania Ballroom -...Category: BarsHits: 19916
- WOOBARCategory: BarsHits: 13443
- Vibes - The Mira Hong...Category: BarsHits: 11984
- Salon de Ning - The...Category: BarsHits: 11577
- SolasCategory: BarsHits: 11112
- Sugar Bar+Deck+LoungeCategory: BarsHits: 10573
- InsensesCategory: BarsHits: 7994
- ZentralCategory: NightclubsCreated: 22 Dec 2014
- DJ JbunsCategory: DJsCreated: 19 Dec 2014
- RUDECategory: BarsCreated: 12 Dec 2014
- Sichuan HouseCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 5 Dec 2014
- Big Jo'sCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 4 Dec 2014
- Medusa Hong KongCategory: BarsCreated: 28 Nov 2014
- Motorino (Wan Chai)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 24 Nov 2014
- CarboneCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 24 Nov 2014
- Ho Lee FookCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 23 Nov 2014
- BoqueriaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 23 Nov 2014