With over 15 years of experience in the DJ and Party industry, DJ Solo’s career began in his hometown – Brussels, Belgium.
A versatile DJ, he has mastered the arts of Scratching, Beats-juggling and Video-Deejaying. His mixing ranges from Hip-Hop, R&B, Electro, House, Salsa, Reggaeton, Moombahton, Dancehall, Bollywood, Rai and more. DJ Solo has successfully produced over 15 Mix Tapes along with a collection of Party Breaks.
After having reach high level fame and earning recognition for his technical skills throughout Europe, DJ Solo embarked on a journey to many countries and continents on a quest to achieve new experiences in his DJ career. Travelling through various places, he has been deejaying in the best clubs in over 20 countries, gaining himself the respect and popularity in the DJ and Party scene everywhere he goes.
Chocolate Party is Hong Kong based annual party concept that started 6 years ago. It combines two of the strongest and pleasant feelings known to us – the feeling of delicious chocolates and action packed parties. The event made headline right from the start with all 5 previous episodes recording over 1500 attendees.
The event will features Chocolate Fountain, Chocolate Popcorn, Cotton Candy, Chocolate Hot-Pot and characters from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory alongside various other chocolate goodies. The energy will be electric with grand productions and finest local talents. Mark your calendar for this extraordinary day at W Hotel Great Room.
Tell us a little bit about how you got started as a DJ / Producer? Who was your biggest inspiration?
I started when I was around 13 years old with producing music on my basic set up in my room. I am mostly inspired from the French Touch. When i was a kid i listened to Daft Punk, Bob Sinclar, Phoenix, Air, Cassius etc… I aslo really like Eric Prydz and Deadmau5 stuff. But i think it’s important to be very open minded… I take my inspiration from a lot of genres, from downtempo ( like Moby and Portishead) to pop rock music (like Serges Gainsbourg, Coldplay and Muse, etc…)
Will this be your first time in Macao? Is there anything that you are looking forward to doing or seeing in particular?
Yes it will be my frist time! I heard there are quite a few Casino’s over there, so I think we are going to take a chance there!
For this year’s World AIDS Day (1 Dec), AIDS Concern will run a “Be Care Full, Fight Stigma” Campaign, sponsored by Standard Chartered Bank. ‘People are aware that HIV will not be transmitted by daily contact, but they tend to keep a distance from people living with HIV. That is why AIDS Concern wants to run the “Be Care Full, Fight Stigma” Campaign to provide a platform for people to connect with people living with HIV by enjoying a cup of coffee brewed by them. We want to show people that all it takes is a small gesture to show concern and care to people affected by HIV and AIDS,’ says Andrew Chidgey, the Chief Executive of AIDS Concern.
AIDS Concern Coffee Truck (29 Nov – 1 Dec)
This Saturday (29 Nov), AIDS Concern will have a specially designed coffee truck touring around Hong Kong to distribute FREE coffee brewed by people living with HIV and promote anti-stigma messages to the mass public. Identifying with the good cause, Holly Brown Coffee will be the coffee sponsor for this three-day event. You are encouraged to support this meaningful event by taking photos with the“Be Care Full, Fight Stigma” coffee cup and upload to Facebook or Instagram #aidsconcern. For every photo posted, Suzuran Bed (HK) Ltd. will donate HKD1 to AIDS Concern for promoting HIV/AIDS prevention and education in Hong Kong.
Tuesday, 11 November 2014 18:17
Kaskade will be returning to Hong Kong on Thursday, December 11th, 2014 at 11:00PM to play an exclusive set and performance at BUNGALOW.
Desperados, a brand new product featuring tequila flavored beer, continues to bring surprising party experience. The Desperados team hid in a regular night at Beijing Club and all of a sudden they came out with flashing Desperados bottles, flash mob dancing, and crazy characters in Desperados Zentai suits! The club was completely packed and the high energy atmosphere escalated. It was quite a sight to see the dance floor of HK clubs filled by so many party-lovers before peak hours. This is how clubbing should be! Keep up the momentum with Desperados. Party better, party different!
To view all the photos CLICK HERE
Hkclubbing.com will be giving away exclusive tickets to the official Desperados Warehouse Launch Party happening November 22nd on Facebook soon, so keep an eye out!
This Christmas, zuma is bringing high-quality house music to Hong Kong with international mega brand Hed Kandi’s DJ Eibhlín Flynn and saxophonist Matt Hines on Saturday 20th December 2014.
DJ Eibhlín Flynn's alluring beats combined with Matt Hines's jazzy tunes on the saxophone are something you won’t want to miss, so suit up and put on your most glamorous white dress or smart tuxedo for an unforgettable and extraordinary Winter Ball at zuma.
Releasing compilations and singles ever since 1999; Hed Kandi has not only earned its name in being a respected music brand, but more so a globally recognized versatile name for glamorous international sound and broad appeals.
What’s a winter ball without masquerade masks? Put your mask on and step inside the extravagant festive ball where you can immerse yourself into the celebratory music and let the glitters lead your way. We may not be dreaming of a white Christmas here in Hong Kong, but a magical night of great music and great fun will certainly make it the most festive event of the year.
A NIGHT IN OMOTESANDO – For one sizzling evening, starting at 23.30 hrs on Saturday, November, 22nd 2014, the most acclaimed venue in Hong Kong, Aqua Spirit is hosting the coolest party of the year, the Japanese spirit taken straight from the heart of Omotesando avenue.
Attracting a cool crowd of those who are hot and happening, sake bombs for everyone, dress to impress, join our Japanese dancers, let our make up artists give you the perfect touch and DJ HALLEX M bring the dynamic energy that Japan is so famous for!”
Facebook event : https://www.facebook.com/events/1565043193708743/
Lunch for the busy 'Kongers probably involves the usual cha chan tengs or neighborhood cafes, but Blue Butcher has stepped up their lunch game with a brand new menu - namely Butcher & Fries. True to the name, it's all about meat and deep-fried potato goodness plus a healthy side. Best part? It's all-you-can-eat fries! Check out the full deal below the cut.
Here is a remarkable event of the year organized by de België – Bar & Restaurant! For those beer advocates, do not miss out this valuable opportunity to try the REAL Belgian beers. This Beer Fest guarantees great brews and good times.
Belgian Beer Festival 2004
Here is the chance to discover your inner taste! 50 types of Belgian beers and 10 types of tapas will be offered during the Festival. You could also feast upon beer & food pairing. Come and enjoy the unique Belgian beer drinking experience in this Festival!
CLASH IN COTAI II
CHAMPION VS. CHAMPION!
MANNY PACQUIAO AND CHRIS ALGIERI
BATTLE FOR THE WELTERWEIGHT TITLE
Sunday, November 23 at The Venetian Macao
Presented Live in the U.S. by HBO Pay-Per-View®
Tickets Go On Sale August 29, 2014
Exclusive Pre-Sale Offer August 26-28
Boxing's only eight-division world champion and Fighter of the Decade Congressman MANNY "Pacman" PACQUIAO returns to Macao for Clash in Cotai II. Pacquiao will defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title against New York's undefeated WBO junior welterweight champion CHRIS ALGIERI, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Management, a Master’s Degree in Clinical Nutrition and a Ph.D. in Upsets Inside the Ring. Promoted by Top Rank® and Sands China Ltd., in association with MP Promotions, Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing, Banner Promotions, Foreman Boys Promotions and Tecate, the Pacquiao vs. Algieri world welterweight championship event will take place Sunday, November 23, at The Venetian® Macao's Cotai Arena at 8 a.m. It will be produced and distributed live in the U.S. by HBO Pay-Per-View®.
EventNetwork.hk is back this November for the 5th instalment of EventNetwork.hk. On the 19th November, join industry leaders from the entertainment, events and hospitality industry for an evening of wine courtesy of Cellarmaster Wines, delicious food supplied by Ladies with Taste, hilariously accurate caricatures by Kris and a lucky draw provided by Philips.
Here at EventNetwork.hk, we look to bring local and expat professionals from the vibrant event and entertainment industry together to help expand your network.
The brainchild of actress/producer Colette Koo and internationally renowned DJ Joel Lai, drop has been at the forefront of the Hong Kong club scene since it opened its doors in the year 2000. It has remained a permanent fixture on the top spots of both local and international 'best clubs' lists, including 'worldsbestbars.com'.
Joel Lai is widely regarded as Hong Kong's premier house music pioneer, and his collaboration with Colette Koo, succeeded in providing a first class venue, the ultimate party with the very best of the best.
Drops reputation for quality music, inventive cocktails and outstanding customer service, has guaranteed music lovers and clubbers the best night out that Hong Kong has to offer! Drop is recognized as having an eclectic, fun loving crowd, a warm atmosphere, and people who truly know how to party!
- 23.11.2014 CLASH IN COTAI II
- 25.11.2014 | 20.00 Meiko Live in Hong Kong 2014
- 27.11.2014 | 21.00 WACKY – FuFu Grand Opening
- 27.11.2014 | 22.00 THANK F*CK IT'S HIP HOP: DJ GIE & BENNIE BLANCO
- 27.11.2014 | 22.00 Thanksgiving at Boujis
- 28.11.2014 - 30.11.2014 Clockenflap 2014
- 28.11.2014 - 29.11.2014 AIA Electric Run in Hong Kong 2014
- 28.11.2014 | 22.00 Cliche Records Presents Homesick Feat. Borrowed Identity & Dole & Kom(Germany)
- 28.11.2014 | 22.00 CLOCKENFLAP x W HONG KONG w/ ABSOLUT Present: WOO STAGE
- 28.11.2014 | 22.00 Black Friday at Boujis
- 28.11.2014 | 23.00 Solo at DIZZI
- 29.11.2014 | 20.00 REDLINE ASIA TOUR 2014 W/ SHANK & COUNTRY YARD
- 29.11.2014 | 21.00 Max Graham World Tour
- 29.11.2014 | 22.00 MOZEZ(LIVE!)
- 29.11.2014 | 22.00 Pacha Ibiza on Tour
- 29.11.2014 | 22.00 St Andrews Day at Boujis
- 29.11.2014 | 22.30 The Official Kool & the Gang Aftershow
- 29.11.2014 | 23.30 Club CUBIC presents New World Sound
- 02.12.2014 | 19.00 “Bubbly” Holiday Party
- 04.12.2014 | 19.00 Kronenbourg 1664 350th Anniversary Party
- 28 Nov (FRI) Solo at DIZZI
- Otto Knows Interview
- Follow - Mary J. Blige / Disclosure
- 6th Annual Chocolate Party
- Arno Cost Interview
- 20 Nov (THU) Magnum Club presents R-Wan & Stik-E
- AIDS Concern World AIDS Day 2014 Campaign “Be Care Full, Fight Stigma”
- Singaporean-style Crab at Hainan ShaoYe
- KASKADE at Bungalow
- Desperados Prelaunch Party at Beijing Club
- Danny Krivit Interview
- Quentin Mossiman Interview
- Magnum Entertainment Group presents Trav Sax
- Zuma Presents Hed Kandi Winter Ball
- A NIGHT IN OMOTESANDO at AQUA SPIRIT (Nov 22nd, 2014)
- All You Can Eat Fries and Salad at Blue Butcher's New Lunch Menu
- VOLAR presents Ministry of Sound with Santero
Activity on Facebook
Fans on Facebook
- Magnum ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 89893
- Beijing ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 80762
- DIZZICategory: NightclubsHits: 78671
- PLAYCategory: NightclubsHits: 75355
- Billion Club (CLOSED)Category: NightclubsHits: 72330
- Club CUBIC (Macau)Category: NightclubsHits: 58138
- VOLARCategory: NightclubsHits: 56300
- LEVELSCategory: NightclubsHits: 54217
- Dragon-ICategory: NightclubsHits: 52713
- PrivéCategory: NightclubsHits: 47790
- Armani/ AquaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 10662
- Shore Steak Lounge...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 10524
- PastisCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 9140
- The Flying Pan (Central)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 8672
- Grappa's CellarCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 7401
- FINDSCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6879
- Fofo by el WillyCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6642
- Top DeckCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6199
- Azure Restaurant slash...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 5985
- King Ludwig Beer Hall...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 5301
- Armani/PrivéCategory: BarsHits: 33936
- Club FLYCategory: BarsHits: 32032
- OZONE Rooftop Bar - The...Category: BarsHits: 23582
- Tazmania Ballroom -...Category: BarsHits: 19517
- WOOBARCategory: BarsHits: 12938
- Vibes - The Mira Hong...Category: BarsHits: 11447
- Salon de Ning - The...Category: BarsHits: 11301
- SolasCategory: BarsHits: 10770
- Sugar Bar+Deck+LoungeCategory: BarsHits: 10139
- InsensesCategory: BarsHits: 7598
- Botanicals Bar - The...Category: BarsCreated: 21 Nov 2014
- PirataCategory: RootCreated: 21 Nov 2014
- IllusionCategory: BarsCreated: 11 Nov 2014
- Kam Pek BarCategory: Bars (Macau)Created: 7 Nov 2014
- QuaysideCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 Nov 2014
- Healthy ChickenCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 3 Nov 2014
- G.I.G.Category: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 3 Nov 2014
- BungalowCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 30 Oct 2014
- Xi Yan PenthouseCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 27 Oct 2014
- GAUCHOCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 24 Oct 2014