The Cab to open for Maroon 5 Asian Tour!
Lushington Entertainments proudly announces American band THE CAB to open for MAROON 5 in Hong Kong, at the AsiaWorld-Arena on Thursday, 27th September 2012.
Tickets are now on sale.
The band—featuring Alex DeLeon on vocals, Alex Marshall on keys and guitar, Joey Thunder on bass, and Dave Briggs on drums— originally formed in 2005 while Marshall and DeLeon were students waiting for graduation. But their name was rapidly spreading around through a series of well-respected shows in their hometown, Las Vegas, Nevada. With borrowed money, The Cab headed to California and scheduled enough studio time to record two tracks. Shortly thereafter, they finished a song that would blast from laptops and iPods across the country: "I'll Run".
Produced by Matt Squire (Panic At The Disco, Boys Like Girls), Whisper War (Fueled By Ramen / Decaydance) debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top New Artist Chart in April of 2008 and has since reached nearly 100,000 in sales. Response from fans and press alike was immediate, and Alternative Press featured The Cab on their cover, naming them one of the magazine’s “100 Bands You Need to Know” in both 2008 and 2010. The band’s touring schedule kicked off in earnest, and included high-profile treks with Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Plain White T’s, Cobra Starship, Warped Tour Main Stage, and many more.
The road-tested band has since taken their sound to the next level, writing a new batch of tunes that would become Symphony Soldier (Z-entertainment Records). The band enlisted in-demand producer John Feldmann (Panic! At the Disco, The Used, Good Charlotte) to helm the album, which also features contributions from Bruno Mars, Martin Johnson of Boys Like Girls, Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and more. Upon its release in August 2011, Symphony Soldier debuted on iTunes’ Top 10 Charts as a featured “New and Noteworthy” release in August, hitting #6 overall and becoming the #2 rock record in the U.S., while reaching #3 in Canada and #1 on the UK rock charts.
Top press outlets responded in kind, with Rollingstone.com remarking that “The Cab’s high energy pop is radio ready.” Alternative Press gave Symphony Soldier a four-star review, while The Salt Lake Tribune called The Cab “one of the most unique rock bands out there.” The band’s hometown paper, The Las Vegas Review-Journal, raved that the album embodies “U2-esque guitars set against funky synth zaps,” and AbsolutePunk.net simply stated that with Symphony Soldier, “The Cab reaches super stardom.” Musiqtone proclaimed that "Symphony Soldier is a must have in your music collection and is easily one of the best, if not THE BEST pop album 2011 has spawned thus far.”
With the album’s lead single, “Bad” and follow up “LaLa” making waves at Hot AC and Top 40 radio stations across the country, The Cab wasted no time getting back on the road. Between sold out headlining tours domestically, they managed to fit in a Canadian tour supporting Avril Lavigne, Soundwave Festival in Australia, a sold out run in Japan, Manila, Singapore and more. This 27th September they will hit Hong Kong’s AsiaWorld-Arena to support their mates Maroon 5 on their 2012 Asian Tour, one of the hottest live shows on the South Coast of China this year.
The Cab has unveiled an edgy visual component to their work with a video for the track “Bad”. The racy clip, which tracks the song’s storyline through a series of texts and photos, stars reality TV personality Angel Porrino, the blonde bombshell known from E! Network’s Holly's World and The Girls Next Door, as well as the hit burlesque-themed show Absinthe at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The new video aired to an audience of millions with an exclusive sneak peek on VEVO (http://www.vevo.com/watch/the-cab/bad/USQY51145202), it has over 3 million views and counting.
MAROON 5 – LIVE IN HONG KONG (with opening act THE CAB)
Date : 27 September 2012
Venue : AsiaWorld-Arena
Time : 8.00pm
Tickets : HK$888 (all standing)
HK TICKETING & ALL TOM LEE OUTLETS
Bookings Hotline : (+852) 31 288 288
Web bookings : www.hkticketing.com
Corporate Bookings : (+852) 2629-6240
(Information provided by the organiser)
Sign up for HKClubLife Newsletter !
- 26.11.2015 | 19.00 HONI HONI TIKI COCKTAIL LOUNGE presents “The Rum Shave”
- 26.11.2015 | 22.00 26 November Magnum presents Jekey
- 26.11.2015 | 23.00 DJ Revolution Vol.32 DANNIC at ZENTRAL
- 26.11.2015 | 23.00 Tang Twinz at Bungalow
- 27.11.2015 - 29.11.2015 Clockenflap 2015
- 27.11.2015 | 22.00 VOLAR x KYO CLUB Presents ZIG ZACH & OLIVER OSBORNE
- 27.11.2015 | 22.00 Ashley Beedle [Black Science Orchestra, Ballistic Brothers, X-Press 2]
- 27.11.2015 | 22.30 Welcome on board
- 28.11.2015 | 16.00 Drawn to You - Life Drawing with NuDD & ShareAPaint
- 28.11.2015 | 17.30 GABRIELE POSO (LIVE) at Hotshot
- 28.11.2015 | 19.30 Rose of Tokyo at ZUMA
- 28.11.2015 | 23.30 Club Cubic presents Futuristic Polar Bears
- 29.11.2015 | 15.00 FuFu Presents: Sunset Sunday at Mahalo
- 02.12.2015 | 19.00 2015 Mnet Asian Music Awards Presented by UnionPay
- 04.12.2015 | 18.00 Butchers Club Burger Opening Party - A Trip To The Darkside
- David Tort - Acid (Henrix & Digital Lab Remix)
- Upcoming Music Festivals in Asia
- Asia Entertainment Expo (11-13 Dec 2015) at The Venetian Macao
- Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano - Pacha Macau - 21st November 2015
- For the love of Vinyl in Hong Kong
- Clockenflap 2015 Announces Final Lineup and Festival App
- [HKC GIVEAWAY] Tickets to Cheers for Fashion Walk
- Pololi lands at Mahalo Tiki Lounge
- East & Young Feat. Raphaella - All My Life
- Dr. Dre & Eminem - Forgot About Dre (Henrix & Adrien Mezsi Remix)
- SAAM Food & DrinksCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 26 Nov 2015
- The Explorer Lounge at...Category: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 20 Nov 2015
- KOKOCategory: RootCreated: 20 Nov 2015
- Club VIPCategory: NightclubsCreated: 19 Nov 2015
- MomotaroCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 19 Nov 2015
- Reserva Ibérica HKCategory: Beverage ShopsCreated: 13 Nov 2015
- Churros & Co.Category: Restaurants (Macau)Created: 12 Nov 2015
- Loft 22Category: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 12 Nov 2015
- VEA Restaurant & LoungeCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 Nov 2015
- KillineyhkCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 Nov 2015
- Le Garçon SaigonCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 Nov 2015
- Cabaret Hong KongCategory: BarsCreated: 4 Nov 2015
- TartineCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 4 Nov 2015
- Seas AhoyCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 30 Oct 2015
- CabanaCategory: Beach BarsCreated: 21 Oct 2015
- The OceanCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 21 Oct 2015
- FRITES (Causeway Bay)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 20 Oct 2015
- WOFTCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 20 Oct 2015
- Pacha MacauCategory: NightclubsCreated: 18 Oct 2015
- IvyCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 15 Oct 2015
- Jaxx VegaCategory: DJsCreated: 11 Oct 2015
- Koh Thai (Wan Chai)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 7 Oct 2015
- Soi 7Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 Oct 2015
- Koh Thai (Mid-Levels)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 Oct 2015
- PONGCategory: BarsCreated: 6 Oct 2015