The Cab to open for Maroon 5 Asian Tour!
Lushington Entertainments proudly announces American band THE CAB to open for MAROON 5 in Hong Kong, at the AsiaWorld-Arena on Thursday, 27th September 2012.
Tickets are now on sale.
The band—featuring Alex DeLeon on vocals, Alex Marshall on keys and guitar, Joey Thunder on bass, and Dave Briggs on drums— originally formed in 2005 while Marshall and DeLeon were students waiting for graduation. But their name was rapidly spreading around through a series of well-respected shows in their hometown, Las Vegas, Nevada. With borrowed money, The Cab headed to California and scheduled enough studio time to record two tracks. Shortly thereafter, they finished a song that would blast from laptops and iPods across the country: "I'll Run".
Produced by Matt Squire (Panic At The Disco, Boys Like Girls), Whisper War (Fueled By Ramen / Decaydance) debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top New Artist Chart in April of 2008 and has since reached nearly 100,000 in sales. Response from fans and press alike was immediate, and Alternative Press featured The Cab on their cover, naming them one of the magazine’s “100 Bands You Need to Know” in both 2008 and 2010. The band’s touring schedule kicked off in earnest, and included high-profile treks with Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Plain White T’s, Cobra Starship, Warped Tour Main Stage, and many more.
The road-tested band has since taken their sound to the next level, writing a new batch of tunes that would become Symphony Soldier (Z-entertainment Records). The band enlisted in-demand producer John Feldmann (Panic! At the Disco, The Used, Good Charlotte) to helm the album, which also features contributions from Bruno Mars, Martin Johnson of Boys Like Girls, Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and more. Upon its release in August 2011, Symphony Soldier debuted on iTunes’ Top 10 Charts as a featured “New and Noteworthy” release in August, hitting #6 overall and becoming the #2 rock record in the U.S., while reaching #3 in Canada and #1 on the UK rock charts.
Top press outlets responded in kind, with Rollingstone.com remarking that “The Cab’s high energy pop is radio ready.” Alternative Press gave Symphony Soldier a four-star review, while The Salt Lake Tribune called The Cab “one of the most unique rock bands out there.” The band’s hometown paper, The Las Vegas Review-Journal, raved that the album embodies “U2-esque guitars set against funky synth zaps,” and AbsolutePunk.net simply stated that with Symphony Soldier, “The Cab reaches super stardom.” Musiqtone proclaimed that "Symphony Soldier is a must have in your music collection and is easily one of the best, if not THE BEST pop album 2011 has spawned thus far.”
With the album’s lead single, “Bad” and follow up “LaLa” making waves at Hot AC and Top 40 radio stations across the country, The Cab wasted no time getting back on the road. Between sold out headlining tours domestically, they managed to fit in a Canadian tour supporting Avril Lavigne, Soundwave Festival in Australia, a sold out run in Japan, Manila, Singapore and more. This 27th September they will hit Hong Kong’s AsiaWorld-Arena to support their mates Maroon 5 on their 2012 Asian Tour, one of the hottest live shows on the South Coast of China this year.
The Cab has unveiled an edgy visual component to their work with a video for the track “Bad”. The racy clip, which tracks the song’s storyline through a series of texts and photos, stars reality TV personality Angel Porrino, the blonde bombshell known from E! Network’s Holly's World and The Girls Next Door, as well as the hit burlesque-themed show Absinthe at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The new video aired to an audience of millions with an exclusive sneak peek on VEVO (http://www.vevo.com/watch/the-cab/bad/USQY51145202), it has over 3 million views and counting.
MAROON 5 – LIVE IN HONG KONG (with opening act THE CAB)
Date : 27 September 2012
Venue : AsiaWorld-Arena
Time : 8.00pm
Tickets : HK$888 (all standing)
HK TICKETING & ALL TOM LEE OUTLETS
Bookings Hotline : (+852) 31 288 288
Web bookings : www.hkticketing.com
Corporate Bookings : (+852) 2629-6240
(Information provided by the organiser)
- 20.04.2015 | 19.30 Your Mum & Secret Sounds Asia presents: Charli XCX, Live in Hong Kong
- 21.04.2015 | 20.30 The Word Alive Asia Tour - Live In Hong Kong
- 22.04.2015 - 23.04.2015 BACKSTREET BOYS IN A WORLD LIKE THIS TOUR LIVE IN HONG KONG
- 22.04.2015 | 19.00 Grouvly Launch Party
- 23.04.2015 - 29.05.2015 TFIT: Psychedelic Flower Power Party at PLAY
- 23.04.2015 Ladies who Whisky: Understanding Whisk(e)y
- 23.04.2015 | 20.30 SleepMakesWaves Live in Hong Kong 2015
- 23.04.2015 | 22.00 FLY Presents DICKY TRISCO
- 23.04.2015 - 26.04.2015 | 23.30 Cliché Records 3 Years Anniversary
- 24.04.2015 | 19.30 Dynasty Restaurant: Moet & Chandon Wine Promotion
- 24.04.2015 - 26.04.2015 | 20.00 Geronimo 2nd Anniversary Party
- 24.04.2015 | 20.30 Suffocation－Despite The World Asia Tour－Live In Hong Kong 2015
- 24.04.2015 | 20.30 Backstreet Boys – In a World Like This Tour Live in Macao
- 24.04.2015 | 22.00 PUSH x Volar present BORIS (Berghain/Ostgut Ton, Berlin)
- 24.04.2015 | 22.00 LOO & PLACIDO at PLAY CLUB
- Life In Color "World's Largest Paint Party" is coming to Hong Kong!
- Slide The City HONG KONG is coming this Summer !
- Pacha Nightclub Macau is coming!
- Find your stage at Ultra Music Festival Korea 2015
- Candyland - Rage In Love (Original Mix)
- ZentralCruise brings you the best party in the middle of ocean
- Henrix & Bream Ft. Zashanell - Alright (Originial Mix)
- Dyro Interview
- 16th April Zentral presents Andrew Rayel
- DANCE WITH STYLE: HONG KONG’S NO.1 DESTINATION FOR WORLD CLASS EVENTS, DANCE & ENTERTAINMENT!
- Whisky@StablesCategory: BarsCreated: 18 Apr 2015
- Chaky's Public HouseCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 16 Apr 2015
- Burgerman (Tai Kok Tsui)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 14 Apr 2015
- Big FernandCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 14 Apr 2015
- Burgerman (Sham Shui Po)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 14 Apr 2015
- Dynasty - Renaissance...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 14 Apr 2015
- Club XIIICategory: NightclubsCreated: 12 Apr 2015
- Blue RoofCategory: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 11 Apr 2015
- Chater GardenCategory: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 11 Apr 2015
- Bisque - Lobster +...Category: BarsCreated: 10 Apr 2015
- The Drunken DuckCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 10 Apr 2015
- HMV Kids (Hung Hom)Category: ShopsCreated: 10 Apr 2015
- Jack's Fried ChickenCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 10 Apr 2015
- HMV (Hung Hom)Category: ShopsCreated: 9 Apr 2015
- HMV (Kowloon Bay)Category: ShopsCreated: 9 Apr 2015
- HMV Kafé (TST Elements)Category: ShopsCreated: 9 Apr 2015
- HMV Kafé (Happy Valley)Category: ShopsCreated: 9 Apr 2015
- HMV (TST iSquare)Category: ShopsCreated: 9 Apr 2015
- HMV (Causeway Bay)Category: ShopsCreated: 9 Apr 2015
- HMV (TST Elements)Category: ShopsCreated: 9 Apr 2015
- EditionCategory: BarsCreated: 27 Mar 2015
- HMVideal (Central)Category: ShopsCreated: 24 Mar 2015
- Vida LocaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 18 Mar 2015
- HotshotCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 12 Mar 2015
- The Hong Kong...Category: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 12 Mar 2015