The Cab to open for Maroon 5 Asian Tour!
Lushington Entertainments proudly announces American band THE CAB to open for MAROON 5 in Hong Kong, at the AsiaWorld-Arena on Thursday, 27th September 2012.
Tickets are now on sale.
The band—featuring Alex DeLeon on vocals, Alex Marshall on keys and guitar, Joey Thunder on bass, and Dave Briggs on drums— originally formed in 2005 while Marshall and DeLeon were students waiting for graduation. But their name was rapidly spreading around through a series of well-respected shows in their hometown, Las Vegas, Nevada. With borrowed money, The Cab headed to California and scheduled enough studio time to record two tracks. Shortly thereafter, they finished a song that would blast from laptops and iPods across the country: "I'll Run".
Produced by Matt Squire (Panic At The Disco, Boys Like Girls), Whisper War (Fueled By Ramen / Decaydance) debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top New Artist Chart in April of 2008 and has since reached nearly 100,000 in sales. Response from fans and press alike was immediate, and Alternative Press featured The Cab on their cover, naming them one of the magazine’s “100 Bands You Need to Know” in both 2008 and 2010. The band’s touring schedule kicked off in earnest, and included high-profile treks with Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Plain White T’s, Cobra Starship, Warped Tour Main Stage, and many more.
The road-tested band has since taken their sound to the next level, writing a new batch of tunes that would become Symphony Soldier (Z-entertainment Records). The band enlisted in-demand producer John Feldmann (Panic! At the Disco, The Used, Good Charlotte) to helm the album, which also features contributions from Bruno Mars, Martin Johnson of Boys Like Girls, Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and more. Upon its release in August 2011, Symphony Soldier debuted on iTunes’ Top 10 Charts as a featured “New and Noteworthy” release in August, hitting #6 overall and becoming the #2 rock record in the U.S., while reaching #3 in Canada and #1 on the UK rock charts.
Top press outlets responded in kind, with Rollingstone.com remarking that “The Cab’s high energy pop is radio ready.” Alternative Press gave Symphony Soldier a four-star review, while The Salt Lake Tribune called The Cab “one of the most unique rock bands out there.” The band’s hometown paper, The Las Vegas Review-Journal, raved that the album embodies “U2-esque guitars set against funky synth zaps,” and AbsolutePunk.net simply stated that with Symphony Soldier, “The Cab reaches super stardom.” Musiqtone proclaimed that "Symphony Soldier is a must have in your music collection and is easily one of the best, if not THE BEST pop album 2011 has spawned thus far.”
With the album’s lead single, “Bad” and follow up “LaLa” making waves at Hot AC and Top 40 radio stations across the country, The Cab wasted no time getting back on the road. Between sold out headlining tours domestically, they managed to fit in a Canadian tour supporting Avril Lavigne, Soundwave Festival in Australia, a sold out run in Japan, Manila, Singapore and more. This 27th September they will hit Hong Kong’s AsiaWorld-Arena to support their mates Maroon 5 on their 2012 Asian Tour, one of the hottest live shows on the South Coast of China this year.
The Cab has unveiled an edgy visual component to their work with a video for the track “Bad”. The racy clip, which tracks the song’s storyline through a series of texts and photos, stars reality TV personality Angel Porrino, the blonde bombshell known from E! Network’s Holly's World and The Girls Next Door, as well as the hit burlesque-themed show Absinthe at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The new video aired to an audience of millions with an exclusive sneak peek on VEVO (http://www.vevo.com/watch/the-cab/bad/USQY51145202), it has over 3 million views and counting.
MAROON 5 – LIVE IN HONG KONG (with opening act THE CAB)
Date : 27 September 2012
Venue : AsiaWorld-Arena
Time : 8.00pm
Tickets : HK$888 (all standing)
HK TICKETING & ALL TOM LEE OUTLETS
Bookings Hotline : (+852) 31 288 288
Web bookings : www.hkticketing.com
Corporate Bookings : (+852) 2629-6240
(Information provided by the organiser)
- 03.06.2015 | 18.00 Pool Tournament Wednesdays at PLAY
- 03.06.2015 | 19.00 Airplay blow dry bar invites you to ‘Summer Styling’ @ Solas
- 03.06.2015 | 20.00 YourMum presents: Mika live in Hong Kong (Canceled)
- 03.06.2015 | 20.00 HULA'LA #05 by FuFu
- 03.06.2015 | 20.30 Mrs. Pound Presents: Night For Nepal
- 04.06.2015 Ladies who Whisky: The Nordic Whisky Experience
- 04.06.2015 | 22.00 TFIT Presents: FLIP CUP THURSDAYS
- 04.06.2015 | 23.00 Laidback Luke at Levels
- 04.06.2015 | 23.30 正Zeng ft. DJ Wordy
- 05.06.2015 | 18.00 The Rose Room: Hip Hop Tunes
- 05.06.2015 | 20.30 FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE LIVE IN HONG KONG 2015
- 05.06.2015 | 22.00 VOLAR Presents DISCO STEP CHILD
- 05.06.2015 | 22.30 PLAY's Non-Stop Weekend: Jekey, Gie, Manlogik, Zefive. DJ Ros
- 05.06.2015 | 23.00 Grand Opening party of TOWNHOUSE
- 06.06.2015 - 07.06.2015 SUNUASKAN FESTIVAL 2015
- Hong Kong Pizza Hut Boxes Can Now Play Movies !
- BEATSHIP SETS SAIL!
- MUSE Bring Their World Tour to HONG KONG again
- Desperados presents Full Moon Party
- 28th Magnum presents StadiumX
- The Long Weekend Checklist - Hed Kandi, Freeflow Whisky & more!
- Welcome to Summer Paradise
- Join Us! Airplay blow dry bar invites you to ‘Summer Styling’ at Solas
- THE ROAD TO SHIPSOMNIA - THE SEARCH BEGINS
- This week – Justice week!
- Atelier VivandaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 4 Jun 2015
- Mahalo Tiki LoungeCategory: BarsCreated: 3 Jun 2015
- Ocean TerminalCategory: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 29 May 2015
- The Grill RoomCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 29 May 2015
- FizzCategory: BarsCreated: 28 May 2015
- JW CaféCategory: Cafes and BakeriesCreated: 20 May 2015
- Paradise DynastyCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 20 May 2015
- Scarlett Hong KongCategory: BarsCreated: 14 May 2015
- TownhouseCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 10 May 2015
- FRITES (Central)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 May 2015
- FRITES (Quarry Bay)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 May 2015
- BocaditoCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 May 2015
- Tycoon TannCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 May 2015
- Silvermine Beach ResortCategory: Hotels (Hong Kong)Created: 5 May 2015
- Macpherson StadiumCategory: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 5 May 2015
- Cafe ZenseCategory: Cafes and BakeriesCreated: 5 May 2015
- Bread Street Kitchen &...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 4 May 2015
- Le Bistro WinebeastCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 27 Apr 2015
- The Champagne BarCategory: BarsCreated: 26 Apr 2015
- Tapas BrewCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 24 Apr 2015
- La PalomaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 23 Apr 2015
- On Dining Kitchen &...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 23 Apr 2015
- DjiboutiiCategory: BarsCreated: 22 Apr 2015
- NOM (Not Only Meatballs)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 22 Apr 2015
- AmericanosCategory: Cafes and BakeriesCreated: 21 Apr 2015