At first, it was hard to imagine what this event would be like. Would it standout amongst Hong Kong’s many attempts at a rave-like party? Would it be in the shadow of the former HITEC music events? Would Hong Kong appreciate hard trance, techno and driving progressive beats?
Turning off the highway onto a narrow road the taxi driver slowed down to avoid human obstacles that were meandering towards a blur of light far in the distance. The road widened to a car park where crowds were queuing. The walk from the ticket-check area to the event was pretty long. As we walked music changed from a dampened bass to a clear, crisp sound. When it came in sight, it was impressive! A large (in-ya-face) rig, lighting, lasers, a sea of people, incredible! Finally, Hong Kong had got it right!
Arun R (one of Hong Kong’s rising talents) kicked things off with progressive trance, his deep melodic beats enthused the crowd. The music changed to pumping dirty electro (awesome); however, some might say wrong place, wrong time. On occasions the sound was clipping, slightly too loud and the lighting was blinding. The setup was definitely stadium size but the area it dominated was too small.
The crowd a mixture of Chinese and Western, old and young (very young it seemed) were bopping and jumping. Yoga instructors were bending and twisting to the tunes. And adding to the rave-like atmosphere many had dressed reminiscent to the cyber-kids of Gatecrasher. It was pretty cool and wet. The fine drizzle of rain didn’t let up.
Tiesto came on and true to his form, the energy spiked and the place was electrified. He shook the foundations of the rig with his hard driving tech edged tunes. As expected the crowd reacted when he dropped his famous tracks. He took the crowd on a journey of ups and downs, and they stayed loyal till the end.
It summary, this was/ IS exactly what Hong Kong needs. Location will always be a problem as well as other hindrances that prevent a return to the good ol’ days but this was a move in the right direction and it was welcome by clubbers. More please!
Review by Jay
Sign up for HKClubLife Newsletter !
- 08.02.2016 | 07.30 LIVE BROADCAST - Super Bowl
- 08.02.2016 | 07.30 Live SUPERBOWL Breakfast Action
- 08.02.2016 - 10.02.2016 | 19.00 No Monkey Bizness (CNY@The Ponty)
- 09.02.2016 | 21.00 Sol Sessions CNY Edition Post Firework Party
- 09.02.2016 | 22.00 PUSH x Volar present Year of the Monkey
- 09.02.2016 | 23.00 Zentral X Sigma Presents TUJAMO
- 12.02.2016 | 21.00 ONEsie Valentines Party! Bubble Soccer + Laser Tag!
- 12.02.2016 | 22.00 “Feel the Love” Valentine’s Live Music
- 13.02.2016 | 20.00 Love is Blind: Pre-Valentine's Day Party
- 13.02.2016 | 20.00 Love & Lust with Coffee Meets Bagel at LILY & BLOOM
- 13.02.2016 | 21.00 Single Out Party
- 13.02.2016 | 22.00 Traffic Light Party at Bloom Bloom Room
- 13.02.2016 | 22.00 "If the shoe fit" Valentine’s Eve Party
- 13.02.2016 | 22.00 WOOBAR Presents Scarlett Etienne
- 13.02.2016 | 22.00 FLY Presents VALENTINES W/ KID FRESH & RAFIK
Hong Kong Event Videos
Kaskade Asia Tour 2015
- Views (287)
zuma Presents Zombie Prom - 31st October 2015
- Views (281)
Magnum Entertainment Group DJ & Artist Show highlights for 2015
- Views (396)
Clockenflap 2015 Final Highlight
- Views (555)
Triple 9 Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Kate Winslet, Woody Harrelson Movie HD
- Views (183)
The Secret Life of Pets Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Kevin Hart, Jenny Slate...
- Views (232)
Forsaken Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Kiefer Sutherland, Demi Moore Movie HD
- Views (244)
Southbound Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Dana Gould Horror Movie HD
- Views (256)
International Event Videos
Sensation ‘Ocean of White’ Dubai 2015 - Official aftermovie
- Views (250)
Sensation ‘Wicked Wonderland’ Tokyo 2015 - Official aftermovie
- Views (247)
Fedde Le Grand - Live at Sensation Amsterdam 2015
- Views (265)
Laidback Luke - LIVE at Sensation White - The Legacy, Amsterdam (2015)
- Views (250)
- Kaskade Asia Tour 2015 at Bungalow - 19th November 2015 Review
- EDM DJs and Producer Parties in Hong Kong
- Magnum Group open on all days during CNY. 9th FEB Zentral presents Tujamo
- Celebrate the Year of Monkey at Bungalow!
- 5 Fun Facts about Whisky
- Headhunterz says he is coming to Bungalow in March
- Connor Cruise - Refined (Radio Edit) on Oxygen Recordings
- Wolfgang Gartner – 10 Ways To Steal Home Plate (Album Preview)
- Artist and Peformer Employment Visa - Do they need one for Hong Kong?
- Club Cubic presents Tiesto
- Hei HouseCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 6 Feb 2016
- One Minden Tapas KitchenCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 5 Feb 2016
- Sky GardenCategory: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 5 Feb 2016
- Write The FutureCategory: GalleriesCreated: 5 Feb 2016
- BrewDog Hong KongCategory: BarsCreated: 4 Feb 2016