Tell us a little bit about how you got started as a DJ / Producer? Who was your biggest inspiration?
It was after our first holidays in Ibiza, something like 10 years ago that we really realised our passion for electronic music and djs. We started dj first and went naturally into producing a couple of years later. We hadn’t any technical skills at the time, only a good feeling about music. And after practicing, listening to everything, watching the big names playing live, we finally found our own way and our own style.
Roger Sanchez was one of the first who made us feel that particular energy with his dj sets, Axwell also with his incredible skills, Erick Morillo and of course, the Daft Punk.
How do you feel about your last performance at Club CUBIC? Is there anything that you are looking forward to doing or seeing in particular this time?
Last time at Cubic was very good, u cannot imagine how happy we are to come back for NYE! We came directly from Jakarta, exhausted, but after seeing the club, we felt like we’ve slept for three days. The only thing that we wanted to do, was playing. This time, we’ll have time to take some rest before, so we hope the night will be at least as intense as the last one there!
How do you feel that DJing and producing has changed over the last few years?
Djs are today the Rolling Stones of the last generation, every kids wants to be a dj. We just regret that u need to produce one good track to be called a dj, we won’t see the Carl Cox, the Roger Sanchez or the Erick Morillo of the 21st century because the industry doesn’t recognise any longer dj skills. That’s why we’re trying to be the best on both sides.
What was your favourite memory of 2012 so far and what do you have planned for the rest of the year?
2012 has been memorable and the best year to us so far. Electric Daisy Carnival in New York was definitely our best time, playing the main stage in such a place, alongside so many artists, in front of so many people, just telling u about it gives us goose bumps. Tomorrowland was also an amazing experience.
We are playing mostly in France for the rest of the year before joining u on the other side of the planet. The rest of the time, we’re locked in the studio!
What can we expect from your upcoming performance at Club Cubic Macao?
We have a lot of new tracks coming for 2013, and we will be more than happy to share them u!
U can expect more music, more energy, and more champagne!
Aside from your DJ equipment, name you top three touring essentials.
Do you have any pre gig rituals?
Checking new tracks, quick shower, good food, one little drink, and let’s go !
Who in your opinion are the best up-and-coming producers at the moment?
To us, Madeon is the best up-and-coming producer, he has had an incredible year, and we think he will be one of the main act of next year. All his tracks are particularly well produced, u can feel he’s spent a lot of time working on them. We are also working with a (really young) french kid called Jeremie Assera who impressed us anytime he’s touching anything.
If you weren’t a DJ/Producer what would you be doing?
Axel : I would be opening my own restaurant
Jide : I would run my own club
JIDAX will be DJing at Club Cubic on NYE, for more information CLICK HERE.
- 23.10.2014 | 22.00 TFIT Presents: PERVERT PARTY
- 23.10.2014 | 22.00 FLY x UNTITLED x EDM freaks presents: Armada Night Hong Kong
- 23.10.2014 | 23.00 Magnum presents Make Live
- 23.10.2014 | 23.00 FIREBEATZ at LEVELS
- 24.10.2014 | 22.00 PUSH x Volar present CRISTIAN VARELA (Pornographic Records / Madrid)
- 24.10.2014 | 23.00 CLUB CLICQUOT VINGT SEPT
- 24.10.2014 | 23.00 Make Live at DIZZI
- 25.10.2014 “Super Hong Kong” John Digweed World Tour
- 25.10.2014 Geronimo! HK Presents Halloween Party
- 25.10.2014 | 20.30 The Sign Of Human Live in Hong Kong 2014
- 25.10.2014 | 21.00 W Hong Kong Presents Dapper Club
- 25.10.2014 | 23.00 Club Cubic Presents MaRLo
- 26.10.2014 | 22.00 StarWorld Hotel, Macau Artistes Association Jointly Present “Star Voices” Siu Fay Soulful Concer...
- 26.10.2014 | 22.00 Pre Halloween Party
- 28.10.2014 | 18.00 Boqueria's 2nd Birthday
- 31.10.2014 Geronimo! HK Presents Halloween Party
- 31.10.2014 | 18.30 IMPI FC World Series Presents: "Halloween MMA Fight Night"
- 31.10.2014 | 20.00 ANTHELION Live in Hong Kong 2014
- 31.10.2014 | 20.00 KEE's Halloween: RocKEE Horror Extravaganza!
- 31.10.2014 | 21.00 The Haunted Room
- MaRLo Interview
- 24 Oct (FRI) Make Live at DIZZI
- Deep House Space 47: Moments in Time (Jeelaire)
- Spinnin' Sessions 075 - Guest: Avicii
- John Digweed World Tour (Hong Kong) at Club 18 - Saturday 25th October
- Desperados Pre-launch Party
- FIREBEATZ at LEVELS
- 17 Oct (FRI) Liz Asana @ DIZZI
- Lefto + Matt Blacc at FLY
- 11 Oct (SAT) RNK @ DIZZI
- DJs From Mars Interview
- VOLAR presents Ministry of Sound with Tim Cullen
- EventNetwork.hk No.5
- WE WERE EVERGREEN confirmed for Clockenflap 2014
- DADA LIFE Interview
- PETER WILLIAM HOLDEN (UK) confirmed for Clockenflap 2014
- DESERTS CHANG (TW) confirmed for Clockenflap 2014
Activity on Facebook
Fans on Facebook
- Magnum ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 88236
- Beijing ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 79622
- DIZZICategory: NightclubsHits: 77331
- PLAYCategory: NightclubsHits: 73936
- Billion Club (CLOSED)Category: NightclubsHits: 71716
- Club CUBIC (Macau)Category: NightclubsHits: 56424
- LEVELSCategory: NightclubsHits: 52036
- Dragon-ICategory: NightclubsHits: 50996
- VOLARCategory: NightclubsHits: 50558
- PrivéCategory: NightclubsHits: 46858
- Armani/ AquaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 10188
- Shore Steak Lounge...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 9973
- PastisCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 8702
- The Flying Pan (Central)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 8287
- Grappa's CellarCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 7022
- FINDSCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6578
- Fofo by el WillyCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6276
- Top DeckCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 5872
- Azure Restaurant slash...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 5597
- King Ludwig Beer Hall...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 4928
- Armani/PrivéCategory: BarsHits: 33001
- Club FLYCategory: BarsHits: 31268
- OZONE Rooftop Bar - The...Category: BarsHits: 22628
- Tazmania Ballroom -...Category: BarsHits: 18975
- WOOBARCategory: BarsHits: 12406
- Salon de Ning - The...Category: BarsHits: 10946
- Vibes - The Mira Hong...Category: BarsHits: 10794
- SolasCategory: BarsHits: 10320
- Sugar Bar+Deck+LoungeCategory: BarsHits: 9603
- InsensesCategory: BarsHits: 7179
- Rummin' TingsCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 21 Oct 2014
- Hotel Jen Hong KongCategory: Hotels (Hong Kong)Created: 17 Oct 2014
- Ovolo SouthsideCategory: Hotels (Hong Kong)Created: 17 Oct 2014
- ASSEMBLYCategory: BarsCreated: 26 Sep 2014
- Club @28Category: BarsCreated: 13 Sep 2014
- RISI e BISICategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 10 Sep 2014
- TalloreCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 27 Aug 2014
- Alchemy Gastro LoungeCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 22 Aug 2014
- Alchemy in the DarkCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 21 Aug 2014
- Jamie’s ItalianCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 17 Aug 2014