Tell us a little bit about how you got started as a DJ / Producer? Who was your biggest inspiration?
It was after our first holidays in Ibiza, something like 10 years ago that we really realised our passion for electronic music and djs. We started dj first and went naturally into producing a couple of years later. We hadn’t any technical skills at the time, only a good feeling about music. And after practicing, listening to everything, watching the big names playing live, we finally found our own way and our own style.
Roger Sanchez was one of the first who made us feel that particular energy with his dj sets, Axwell also with his incredible skills, Erick Morillo and of course, the Daft Punk.
How do you feel about your last performance at Club CUBIC? Is there anything that you are looking forward to doing or seeing in particular this time?
Last time at Cubic was very good, u cannot imagine how happy we are to come back for NYE! We came directly from Jakarta, exhausted, but after seeing the club, we felt like we’ve slept for three days. The only thing that we wanted to do, was playing. This time, we’ll have time to take some rest before, so we hope the night will be at least as intense as the last one there!
How do you feel that DJing and producing has changed over the last few years?
Djs are today the Rolling Stones of the last generation, every kids wants to be a dj. We just regret that u need to produce one good track to be called a dj, we won’t see the Carl Cox, the Roger Sanchez or the Erick Morillo of the 21st century because the industry doesn’t recognise any longer dj skills. That’s why we’re trying to be the best on both sides.
What was your favourite memory of 2012 so far and what do you have planned for the rest of the year?
2012 has been memorable and the best year to us so far. Electric Daisy Carnival in New York was definitely our best time, playing the main stage in such a place, alongside so many artists, in front of so many people, just telling u about it gives us goose bumps. Tomorrowland was also an amazing experience.
We are playing mostly in France for the rest of the year before joining u on the other side of the planet. The rest of the time, we’re locked in the studio!
What can we expect from your upcoming performance at Club Cubic Macao?
We have a lot of new tracks coming for 2013, and we will be more than happy to share them u!
U can expect more music, more energy, and more champagne!
Aside from your DJ equipment, name you top three touring essentials.
Do you have any pre gig rituals?
Checking new tracks, quick shower, good food, one little drink, and let’s go !
Who in your opinion are the best up-and-coming producers at the moment?
To us, Madeon is the best up-and-coming producer, he has had an incredible year, and we think he will be one of the main act of next year. All his tracks are particularly well produced, u can feel he’s spent a lot of time working on them. We are also working with a (really young) french kid called Jeremie Assera who impressed us anytime he’s touching anything.
If you weren’t a DJ/Producer what would you be doing?
Axel : I would be opening my own restaurant
Jide : I would run my own club
JIDAX will be DJing at Club Cubic on NYE, for more information CLICK HERE.
- 27.03.2015 BUMP presents Dave Seaman
- 27.03.2015 - 29.03.2015 HK Sevens Official Fans Party at The Wheel 2015
- 27.03.2015 Zentral presents J-Cue from UK
- 27.03.2015 - 29.03.2015 | 18.30 Louis Roederer Champagne Tent
- 27.03.2015 | 19.00 An Acoustic Evening with Jason Mraz and Raining Jane
- 27.03.2015 | 22.00 VOLAR Presents DISCO STEP CHILD
- 27.03.2015 | 22.00 PLAY's Non-Stop Weekend: Jekey x Bennie Blanco x Zefive
- 27.03.2015 | 22.00 Friday Madness Salsa at Xperience Salsa Club Hong Kong
- 28.03.2015 Zentral presents J-Cue from UK
- 28.03.2015 Sebastian Drums at Dragon-i
- 28.03.2015 - 29.03.2015 | 12.00 Ovolo Southside - Weekend BBQ Brunch + DJ + Perrier Jouet Official Launch
- 28.03.2015 | 16.00 agnès b. RUE DE MARSEILLE LIVE
- 28.03.2015 - 29.03.2015 | 16.00 Rugby 7's After Brunch Party
- 28.03.2015 | 19.00 Love Da presents: HMV Spinnin' Best of 2015 CD Release Showcase!
- 28.03.2015 - 30.03.2015 | 20.00 Weekender Bender (Rugby 7’s After-After party)
- 正- Zheng All-Star Launch Party
- [SPECIAL GIVEAWAY] Club Cubic's 4th Anniversary ft. 2CHAINZ
- Club Cubic presents Arno Cost
- Check out the Mixfader: the world's first connected DJ crossfader
- J-Cue Tour, 4 Days in LKF
- DEJA VU and MusicFestAsia presents: Superstar - Taboo of the BLACK EYED PEAS live! in HK
- DJ KimKat at Bungalow
- 19 March Magnum presents Monster, From Taiwan Myst Club
- First in Hong Kong: All You Can Eat Brazilian BBQ
- Club CUBIC presents Feenixpawl
- HMVidealCategory: ShopsCreated: 23 Mar 2015
- Vida LocaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 18 Mar 2015
- HotshotCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 12 Mar 2015
- The Hong Kong...Category: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 12 Mar 2015
- Eggenberg Island Café &...Category: BarsCreated: 11 Mar 2015
- Furstenberg Tai HangCategory: BarsCreated: 11 Mar 2015
- MITTECategory: BarsCreated: 9 Mar 2015
- Seafood StandCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Mar 2015
- PololiCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 8 Mar 2015
- Alibi - Wine Dine Be...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 5 Mar 2015