Tell us a little bit about how you got started as a DJ / Producer? Who was your biggest inspiration?
I started to mix as a dj at the age of 16 years old. Since my fist party as a clubber, I was fascinated by the word of DJ. My fist party was really a magic experience. I started to learn and perform as a DJ by myself. I started mixing in bar and clubs in Paris, who was a perfect school for me. I was not leaving in Paris but in Poitier. I went to Paris to start a school engineer. Then, I started to produce music and release my fist single for Pacha Recordings. One of my fist big hit was a track called U Start. I produce it for Joachim Garraud and Tecktonik Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsILHNqjUeE). Now I am doing music for the most prestigious label : Dim Mak ( Steve Aoki ), Armada ( Armin Van Buren ), Defected, Strictly Rhythm, Pacha, Universal, EMI / Virgin. I am following Dj’s like Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin and Sven Vath but my inspiration as producer is coming from artists like : Eric Prydz, Axwell, Dirty South to name a few. Electronic Music inspiration is moving very fast the last few years.
Will this be your first time in Macao? Is there anything that you are looking forward to doing or seeing in particular?
Yes, Macao is my first time. I am very excited to meet the people there and play in this club who look very amazing. I heard a lot about this club regarding the light, the crowd and soundsystem.
Jidax, 2 young artists I lauch with my label “ Moss Records “ and remix from one of my production for Robbie Rivera label “ Juicy Music “ already peformed at Club Cubic and told me it was one of the best in the world too. I am really happy to have them performing with me for this special date who is the new year ! Macao is for me the city of light, the light never stop. My last date in Asia / Seoul was fantastic, the audience was madness. I think than Asian audience is one of the best in the world. It’s always a pleasure for me to play there. I am really excited with this date !
How do you feel that DJing and producing has changed over the last few years?
Electronic Music has evolved very fast the last few years with new machines and computers. The sounds are much more elaborate such as dubstep style. The music wave progressive with trance sounds have marked the electronic music these recent years. Now we found this inspiration in many tracks. Electro sound has also changed with more powerfull bass and deepness. Electronic music has not stopped evolving.
What was your favourite memory of 2012 so far and what do you have planned for the rest of the year?
My last date in Asia at Seoul / Club Mass, was one of my favourite memory of 2012. It was madness.
But in all case, each date, each audience is unique, and the emotion is always here. Now, I am just coming back from 2 dates in south of France. South of France is really beautifull and party there is always good. Then i am performing in the mountain ( Les Alpes ) for a crazy snow party before to finish with Club Cubic / Macau. For 2013 i have a lot of project. I just started a long French Tour of all the best clubs here is who will finish in May. I am doing the promotion of my last single “ Lose Control “ who will release worldwide next year. Remix for Blackstrobe and new releases are coming too.
What can we expect from your upcoming performance at Cubic Macao?
I hope the crowd will be at the TOP to start the new years with me. I will give my best performance for this transition 2012/2013. I want to do this one a special one and I hope than people will remember about this event for a long time ! I will prepare a special performance for them !
Aside from your DJ equipment, name you top three touring essentials.
Besides my DJ equipment ( CDs, USB, Headphones ), I always travel with my computer to work on my podcasts, productions, Dj sets and always keep my phone to stay in touch with my family. I also love playing games like Angry Bird for example during travelling. My MP3 player allow me to listen too the latest electo tunes to always be updated and to offer my audience the latest releases.
What is the weirdest thing that you’ve seen from the DJ booth?
The weirdest thing I have seen from the DJ booth was in Zurich / Swizerland for Street Parade.
Street Parade is one of the biggest outdoor event in Europe. When i went on the DJ stage, I was looking for the end of the crowd but I could not see the end ! it was amazing. It was like all the world came to party ! At the end, there was an overflow crowd and everybody was trying to get on the stage like a big wave ! it was crazy !
Do you have any pre gig rituals?
I don’t really have a ritual before my gig but I always listen the dj before me to feel the audience.
Who in your opinion are the best up-and-coming producers at the moment?
Jidax will be one of them for progressive, Gregory Klossman, Madeon too.
If you weren’t a DJ/Producer what would you be doing?
Before to be totally into the music I was doing studies to become an engineer in electronics and build the equipment I use today!
Teo Moss will be DJing at Club Cubic on NYE, for more information CLICK HERE.
- 30.01.2015 Factotum Productions presents: SWANS!
- 30.01.2015 | 20.00 Botellón XI - 1 Million Reasons
- 30.01.2015 | 21.00 Deja Vu Soft Opening
- 30.01.2015 | 22.00 Boujis: FABoujis Friday with DJ Miles Slater
- 30.01.2015 | 23.00 MegaMen at DIZZI
- 30.01.2015 | 23.00 GoGo Dance at DIZZI
- 31.01.2015 Lily Allen Live in Hong Kong 2015
- 31.01.2015 | 20.00 Life was All Silence - The People Album Release Show Hong Kong
- 31.01.2015 | 22.00 FLY x SLACK TRAX present JANETTE SLACK EP LAUNCH
- 31.01.2015 | 22.00 Zentral presents MegaMen
- 31.01.2015 | 22.00 Pablo Valentino is FuFu
- 31.01.2015 | 22.00 ZUMA present Supper Club
- 31.01.2015 | 22.00 Boujis: Saturday Scandals with DJ Miles Slater & DJ Blaze HK
- 31.01.2015 | 23.00 Samir at DIZZI
- 31.01.2015 | 23.30 Club CUBIC presents KRONIC
- 05.02.2015 | 22.00 BRIGHT LIGHTS at BUNGALOW
- 05.02.2015 | 23.00 Magnum presents DJ Geek Fox
- 07.02.2015 | 22.00 small&TALL presents HOT SINCE 82
- 07.02.2015 | 22.00 Cliché Records Presents Fantastic Man (Let’s Play House / AU)
- 07.02.2015 | 23.00 Baby Monster at DIZZI
- 31 Jan (SAT) Zentral presents MegaMen
- Hooters set sight on opening in Hong Kong
- Top 5 Ladies Night Deals in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Sevens ticket ballot closes on Jan 31
- FLY 4th Anniversary
- 28 Jan (WED) Zentral presents Zen of Privilege
- We Are Your Friends Movie - First Look
- 24 Jan (SAT) Zeal of Life
- DJ Noodles Interview
- Club CUBIC presents DJ Noodles
- 21 Jan (WED) Zentral presents Zen of Privilege
- The Music - Hook N Sling
- Bright Lights at Bungalow
- 17 Jan (SAT) Zeal of Life
- Nervo at Levels
- 14 Jan (WED) Zentral presents Zen of Privilege
- Club CUBIC presents Nari and Milani
Activity on Facebook
Fans on Facebook
- Magnum ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 93859
- Beijing ClubCategory: NightclubsHits: 83140
- DIZZICategory: NightclubsHits: 81259
- PLAYCategory: NightclubsHits: 78173
- Billion Club (CLOSED)Category: NightclubsHits: 73648
- Club CUBIC (Macau)Category: NightclubsHits: 61217
- VOLARCategory: NightclubsHits: 59852
- LEVELSCategory: NightclubsHits: 57017
- Dragon-ICategory: NightclubsHits: 56382
- PrivéCategory: NightclubsHits: 49892
- Shore Steak Lounge...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 11621
- Armani/ AquaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 11599
- PastisCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 10027
- The Flying Pan (Central)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 9341
- Grappa's CellarCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 8221
- FINDSCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 7505
- Fofo by el WillyCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 7369
- Azure Restaurant slash...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6785
- Top DeckCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6739
- King Ludwig Beer Hall...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Hits: 6021
- Armani/PrivéCategory: BarsHits: 35301
- Club FLYCategory: BarsHits: 33568
- OZONE Rooftop Bar - The...Category: BarsHits: 26206
- Tazmania Ballroom -...Category: BarsHits: 20391
- WOOBARCategory: BarsHits: 14132
- Vibes - The Mira Hong...Category: BarsHits: 12709
- Salon de Ning - The...Category: BarsHits: 11962
- SolasCategory: BarsHits: 11588
- Sugar (Bar.Deck.Lounge)Category: BarsHits: 11154
- InsensesCategory: BarsHits: 8433
- PEZ HKCCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 29 Jan 2015
- Quay WestCategory: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 26 Jan 2015
- The PiersideCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 26 Jan 2015
- Half & Half Wine Bar...Category: BarsCreated: 26 Jan 2015
- fullcupcafeCategory: Cafes and BakeriesCreated: 26 Jan 2015
- Ga Gi NangCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 26 Jan 2015
- ChinoCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 25 Jan 2015
- Cake's SecretsCategory: Cafes and BakeriesCreated: 25 Jan 2015
- BelgicaCategory: BarsCreated: 25 Jan 2015
- Tapaella GrillCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 25 Jan 2015