“Have you been on a Grouvly?”
“No. What’s that?”
German house music producer Robin Schulz became an overnight sensation when he scored an international smash hit with his very first commercial release, a lush remix of "Waves" by Dutch rapper Mr. Probz. It hit number one in six European countries and number three in six more, and his follow-up, a club-ready remix of French indie pop duo Lilly Wood & the Prick's "Prayer in C," was even more successful, going to number one in ten European countries.
It wasn't as though Schulz hadn't paid his dues, however. Born on April 28, 1987 in Osnabrück, he began DJing at the tender age of 17, influenced by the likes of Richie Hawtin, Sven Väth, Armand van Helden, and Tiësto. By 20 he had his own club night, which he ran for two years before the yen to make his own music led him into production. He experimented for several years before beginning to upload his tracks to YouTube, where his melodic, bouncy pop-house sound earned him millions of views.
After the success of his first two singles, his third, "Willst Du" ("Do You Want To"), a remix of a satirical track by German rapper Alligatoah, was released in September 2014, and his debut album, Prayer, followed later that month. Having made his name with remixes, Schulz was not about to mess with the formula, and the album consisted almost entirely of his remixes of other artists' songs, with only a few original productions. ~ John D. Buchanan, Rovi
TGIF! Fridays are for partying, tomorrow March 6, there's an exclusive party at Déjà Vu, the new trendy hotspot in LKF. After a bumper performance of Chuckie here the past weekend, next up catch Dutch EDM star Oliver Twizt & few other DJs for a wild and fun party, with the best music in town that night.
Not only does Oliver have a Number 1 song on the Billboard Dance Charts (2014), he has also performed live at Tomorrowland (Belgium), Beyond Wonderland, EDC (Las Vegas), TomorrowWorld (Atlanta), etc. Oliver has remixed and/or collaborated with Diplo, Hardwell, Afrojack, Laidback Luke, W&W, Steve Aoki, and pop singers as, Pitbull, Justin Bieber, Rita Ora, Iggy Azalea, and more.
All Ladies Free Entry, and Free Drink before Midnight!
All you have to do is click Join/Attend n come party with us! Be there or be square.
Awardwinning and golden record holder Marouane Chamile, better known as R-Wan, has become an iconic figure throughout the years. During his childhood in France, he grew up with R&B and Funk music. Inspired by different styles, he bought his first turning tables at the age of 14 to practice. R-Wan started producing mixtapes for his friends at school and had his first live performance when he was in college.
When he was 20 years old, he started to get more gigs at bigger clubs in Paris, released more mixtapes and developed his other big talent as a VJ. This all led to a successful start of his career with international sponsors like Reebok and American clothing line FUBU and gigs in the USA, Asia and Europe.
The most enticing musical event of 2015 in Hong Kong!
This new festival hosts a myriad of internationally renowned artists such as Naughty By Nature, The Beatnuts, Claptone, Kenny Dope, Basement Jaxx and many more.
Free Entry - RSVP ONLY - Booking start March 2nd at 9am.
The RSVP link will be share on Hotshot Facebook page.
- Kids Again - #13 UK Singles Chart (2014)
- All the Wrong Places - #13 UK Singles Chart (2013)
- We'll Be Coming Back - #2 UK Singles Chart and #1 in Ireland (2012)
- The Evolution of Man - #1 UK Dance Chart (2012)
- Changed the Way You Kiss Me nominated Best British Single (2012)
- Changed the Way You Kiss Me - #1 UK Singles Chart (2011)
- Stay Awake - #1 UK Singles Chart (2011)
- Won't Go Quietly - #1 UK Dance Chart (2010)
Elliot John Gleave, better known by his stage name Example (arose due to his initials being E.G.), is an English rapper signed to Epic Records and Sony Music.
Elliot Gleave was born in Hammersmith, London and started rapping since young. His first experience of rapping was through a rap battle at a house party when he was 12.
After releasing three singles through his own label "All The Chats", Example received attention from Pete Tong, Zane Lowe and others at Radio 1. Example also caught the attention of people at four record labels. After signing a deal with The Beats, Example put out a response to Lily Allen's No.1 hit "Smile" entitled "Vile" and received Radio 1 airplay from Zane Lowe, Jo Whiley and Chris Moyles.
Example made his first chart appearance in September 2009, when he released "Watch the Sun Come Up" as the lead single from his second album Won't Go Quietly through Data Records.
In 2011, he released "Changed the Way You Kiss Me" where it debuted at number one in the UK and charted in many European countries and Australia. The second song of the album "Stay Awake", which was produced by Nero also debuted at number 1.
Example confirmed he was to have a track he wrote for The Wanted to be featured on their debut US album. The track "Chasing The Sun" was released as a single, featuring remixes from Hardwell and Tantrum Desire and peaking at number 2 in the UK Singles Chart, and receiving worldwide recognition. Gleave also collaborated with Pet Shop Boys on their song "Thursday" from their 2013 studio album Electric.
Prior to his 2014 tour Gleave had confirmed that work on his sixth studio album had begun. Gleave has spent studio time with Netsky and Sigma leading up to his 2014 tour who could be possible collaborators for the album.
Zen of Auspicious
Greeting for the Lunar New Year
Date:19-22th Feb 2015
Time: 22:00 pm till late
Venue: Zentral, 4-5/F, California Tower, 32 D'Aguilar Street, Central, H.K.
Dress Code: Dressy Attire
hkclubbing.com is celebrating 15 years of covering Hong Kong’s nightlife with an anniversary party on 26th February, 2015 at the newest and hottest club in town, Zentral.
We are very fortunate to host our anniversary party at one of our very first supporters’ venue – Zentral. Located at the heart of the best party district Lan Kwai Fong, the brand new and stunning two-story nightclub will be the perfect backdrop to celebrate our achievements over the past 15 years.
With a special live set by the mind-blowing DJ duo Rave Radio, as well as some of Hong Kong’s best DJs that hkclubbing.com has continuously worked with over the past decade, it is guaranteed to be a thrilling night.
For one night only, Rave Radio will be coming all the way from the land down under, Australia to celebrate our birthday with us. You’re not going to want to miss this dynamic DJ duo, who are famous for dropping insane and original dance floor tunes.
So please, come celebrate our birthday with us and party the night away! Here’s to many more years of fantastic nightlife ahead!
Performing in some of the most exclusive night clubs around the world, DJ Deville has rocked massive crowds in cities like Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami and everything in between.
Well known as an ambassador and major contributor to the most cutting edge Electronic Dance, Remix Top 40 and Open Format music, MILLIONS of his mixes have been distributed from industry leading music suppliers like Crooklynclan.net, DjCity.com, DirectMusicService.com, Promo Only and SmashVision.com.
Deville's remixes and edits can be found in virtually all Club DJ's libraries worldwide including countless celebrity performances. His music has been featured in sets by DJ Jazzy Jeff, Lil Jon, DJ Pauly D, DJ Skribble and so many more.
With his impressive turntable skills and MC talents, Deville is highly recognized as a fantastic performer with an energetic stage presence. Whether you know him or just simply his music, his impact on the DJ and club world is unmeasurable. Captivating party people around the world, Deville takes any party and makes it an event.
- DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs #82 (2014)
- "Anytime" Hit Beatport #2 (2015)
- Residency at Las Vegas' "Light", Departures Ibiza alongside Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso, toured with Nicky Romero and Alesso (2014)
- "Starlight" reached Beatport Top 5 supported by Tiësto and Avicii (2013)
- Released songs on Axwell's Axtone, Nicky Romero's Protocol Recordings, Steve Angello's Size X imprint and Spinnin' Records (2013)
- Created the official theme song for Batman: Arkham Origins (2013)
- Founded his own record label and event brand, Sellout Sessions (2005)
- Resident DJ to Ministry of Sound, Creamfields, Space and more (2012)
- Collaborated with Diplo, Example, Sidney Samson, Tinie Tempah, Mika, The Chemical Brothers, Gorillaz, Public Enemy and more
Dutch DJ/ producer Don Diablo was born and raised in Holland and more recently moved to London, where he is currently working on new material in between his global touring schedule.
Within the last twelve months Don dropped dancefloor bombs on World's largest EDM record labels. His recent single "Anytime" hit Beatport #2 right after Warner Brothers asked Don to create the worldwide theme song for the highly anticipated “Batman Arkham Origins” game. The track and the accompanying video became an instant viral hit. His club anthem "Starlight" was debuted during the last SHM concerts, after Axwell signed it to his label, and shot straight into the Beatport top 5. After that Don managed to climb into the Beatport Top 10 with several other releases. Don's firm support from Pete Tong, who debuted no less than six of Don’s releases in his BBC Radio1 show in 2013, as well as his recent residency at Las Vegas' hottest new superclub "Light" are more proof of a bright future ahead.
- 07.03.2015 - 15.03.2015 Patron Week at Cali-Mex - All shots $38!
- 07.03.2015 | 14.00 Life is movement - PARKOUR x DJ 2015
- 07.03.2015 | 17.30 THE SHOWDOWN AT SANDS
- 07.03.2015 | 18.00 Birra del Borgo TAP TAKEOVER
- 07.03.2015 | 20.30 Monokino Live in Hong Kong 2015
- 07.03.2015 | 22.00 Underground Heavy #11
- 07.03.2015 | 22.00 Taylor McFerrin
- 07.03.2015 | 22.00 BUMP. in the ROOM
- 07.03.2015 | 22.00 HOLI CELEBRATION
- 07.03.2015 | 23.30 Club CUBIC presents Tom Staar
- 08.03.2015 | 12.00 HOLI BEACH PARTY 2015
- 08.03.2015 | 14.00 Holi Festival - Add Colour to Your Life
- 08.03.2015 | 20.00 King Ly Chee X Hidden Agenda: Bane Final Asian Tour Hong Kong 2015
- 10.03.2015 | 19.00 Awesome Foursome
- 10.03.2015 | 20.00 ED SHEERAN LIVE IN HONG KONG 2015
- 10.03.2015 | 20.30 Warbringer Assault On Asia - Live In Hong Kong 2015
- 12.03.2015 Marawa the Amazing Live in Hong Kong
- 12.03.2015 | 19.00 Absolut Art Bar Opening Party at Vibes
- 12.03.2015 | 20.30 Pumpkinney Fan Club Live in Hong Kong 2015
- 12.03.2015 | 21.30 Scott Allan Knost Trio with Special Guest Debbie Mannas
- Orion Brings Limited Edition Seasonal Beer to Hong Kong
- "The night I decided to try a BLIND GROUP DATE in Hong Kong" - A Grouvly’s Review with GIFS
- Exclusive Interview with Henrix
- 13th March Zentral present DJ Revolution Vol.16 Robin Schulz
- MusicFestAsia present: EDM Star OLIVER TWIZT (FRI @ Déjà Vu)
- Cryogenix - Fuckin' Huge [Big & Dirty]
- Bobby Rock - Thriller (Original Mix) Preview
- Pub Landlord Al Murray to appear at Hong Kong Sevens
- Magnum presents 05 March R-Wan WHAT THE F*CK TOUR
- Finish This Burger and It's Free
- GO SOUTH WEEKENDER
- Top 5 Free Flow & Free Food Deals in Hong Kong
- Example at Bungalow on 19 March
- Interview with Rave Radio
- 19-22 Feb (Thu - Sun) Zen of Auspicious
- hkclubbing.com 15 Year Anniversary featuring Rave Radio at Zentral
- Rude – The Latest After-Work Hangout Fave
Activity on Facebook
- Alibi - Wine Dine Be...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 5 Mar 2015
- PausaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 4 Mar 2015
- Braza Churrascaria...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 3 Mar 2015
- Bene ItalianCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 3 Mar 2015
- Gaia RistoranteCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 3 Mar 2015
- Bene Pizza + PastaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 3 Mar 2015
- The Lounge -...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 1 Mar 2015
- Bilibala Yakitori BarCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 1 Mar 2015
- Sama Hong KongCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 25 Feb 2015
- Social RoomCategory: NightclubsCreated: 25 Feb 2015