The year kicks off with a bang on the 4th and 11th January with 'Bollywood Nights' at the Happy Valley racecourse! As part of 'Happy Wednesday' at the races, expect Bollywood-style festivities, entertainment and not to mention awesome cuisine.
Ever wanted to dress in a traditional Indian sari or kurta? Now you can with both colourful options available for ladies and gentlemen. Put one on that fits your style best and then take a photo with a well known background setting taken in India! Once you have had your photo taken you can then enjoy the Bollywood dance performance on the main stage.
A Bollywood celebration is not complete without a selection of traditional Indian dishes. You can taste everything from a Masala to a Biryani. There is a decent selection of options for Happy Wednesday fans to sample some awesome Indian cuisine. Personally I am a fan of Butter Chicken, so looks like that will be something we will try out, followed by some Masala Papadums. Check out the details of each of the dishes and their reasonable prices below.
• Bread Pakora (Deep Fried stuffed Bread) (3pcs) HK$48.
• Masala Papadum (3pcs, as seen above) - HK$48.
• Malai Chicken Drumstick (3pcs) - HK$48.
• Roti with Black Dal (Thin Bread with Braised Black Beans) - HK$50.
• Lamb Biryani Crackers with Indian Salad (3pcs) - HK$55.
• Lamb Seek Kebab (Minced Lamb Kebab) (2 skewers) - HK$58.
• Fish Masala wrapped in Banana Leaf, served with Yellow Rice (as seen above) - HK$65.
• Indian Beef and Okra Curry, served with Yellow Rice (as seen above) - HK$65.
• Indian Butter Chicken Curry, served with Yellow Rice - HK$49.
Don't forget there is also the 'best photo contest' over the two days as there is every Wednesday night at the races in Happy Valley. So if you are wearing a sari or kurta, enjoying the performance by the Bollywood Dancers, eating one of the Indian dishes or simply enjoying the races, don't forget to take a photo and hashtag you and your friends on Facebook or Instagram with #HappyWednesdayHK and #GoRacingHK.
Every 'Happy Wednesday', Happy Wednesday will pick out the best photo of the evening and award the winner a Samsung Curved Monitor! So get hash tagging as soon as you get through the gates to have the best chance of winning.
So see you all on the Bollywood Nights at the Happy Valley Racecourse
Date: Jan 4, 11, 2017
Location: Happy Valley Racecourse
First race: 7:15pm
Public Admission: HK$10
Racecourse entrants must be aged 18 or above. Don’t gamble your life away.