Tell us a little bit about how you got started as a DJ / Producer? Who was your biggest inspiration?
We’re not a straight up DJ act so it’s a little different for us. We’re both very much into electronic music as we are into rock and jazz. We’ve managed to find that common ground in our act where we’ve combined electronic and live music, that way we get our fix of both things that we love.
Will this be your first time in Hong Kong? Is there anything that you are looking forward to doing or seeing in particular?
We were here 2 years ago for the Boujis pop-up and it was one of our favourite gigs, we are so happy to be back!
How do you feel that DJing and producing has changed over the last few years?
It has become easier with the help of technology, before you needed to be in a studio with a engineer with loads of analog synths, now everything is on your laptop.
What was your favourite memory of 2012 and what do you have planned for 2013?
So far our favourite memory would have to be our tour through India. It was an amazing experience and the gigs were truly memorable. For 2013 we hope to continue rocking crowds on an international level like in 2012.
What can we expect from your upcoming performances at Boujis?
Energy… loads of energy and obviously good vibes.
Aside from your DJ equipment, name your top three touring essentials.
For Ameet it’s his blackberry, laptop and his PS Vita.
For me (Klaus) I need my laptop and my iPad otherwise I will be the most annoying person on the trip.
What is the weirdest thing that you’ve seen from the DJ booth?
Once in a club in London a girl came inside the DJ booth and just took off her dress, which was pretty funny. Shame she wasn’t that much to look at, haha!
Do you have any pre gig rituals?
1 shot of tequila to loosen up ;)
Who in your opinion are the best up-and-coming producers at the moment?
There’s this German producer from Berlin called Tujamo his music has inspired loads of the big names today and I think he’s the next big thing.
If you weren’t a DJ/Producer what would you be doing?
I’d probably take in my father’s footsteps and be a journalist. Ameet used to be a City boy in London so he would most likely still be doing that.
To find out more about London Beats, CLICK HERE.
- 02.04.2015 Zentral presents BeatBreaker Hosted by Fo Onassis from New York
- 02.04.2015 | 20.00 Fatty Crab Punk Night
- 02.04.2015 | 22.00 DEJA VU and MusicFestAsia presents: Superstar - Taboo of the BLACK EYED PEAS live! in HK
- 02.04.2015 | 22.00 TFIT Presents: ULTIMATE GLOW PAINT PARTY
- 02.04.2015 | 23.00 DJ KimKat at Bungalow
- 03.04.2015 Zentral Presents Rocky’s (Captain Zentral) Birthday Party
- 03.04.2015 | 23.30 Club CUBIC presents Arno Cost
- 04.04.2015 | 20.00 J-Hoon & friends "Modern Li Bai" Launching Party
- 04.04.2015 | 20.30 Being as an Ocean Asia Tour - Live in Hong Kong
- 04.04.2015 | 22.00 Magnum Presents Rocky’s (Captain Zentral) Birthday Party
- 04.04.2015 | 22.00 VOLAR Presents The OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY FOR RED BULL X-FIGHTERS JAMS
- 04.04.2015 | 22.30 Bass Music China 3 Year ft. OM UNIT
- 05.04.2015 | 12.00 The Pawn Rooftop Cookout
- 09.04.2015 正Zeng - All-Star Launch Party
- 10.04.2015 | 20.00 Goethe-Institut Hongkong presents: Blixa Bargeld & Teho Teardo live in concert: “Still Smiling”...
- Katy Perry THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR Macao
- Introducing Tidal - the new music streaming service on the scene
- 3rd &4th April Magnum Entertainment Group Presents Rocky’s (Captain Zentral) Birthday Party
- 正- Zheng All-Star Launch Party
- [SPECIAL GIVEAWAY] Club Cubic's 4th Anniversary ft. 2CHAINZ
- Club Cubic presents Arno Cost
- Check out the Mixfader: the world's first connected DJ crossfader
- J-Cue Tour, 4 Days in LKF
- DEJA VU and MusicFestAsia presents: Superstar - Taboo of the BLACK EYED PEAS live! in HK
- DJ KimKat at Bungalow
- EditionCategory: BarsCreated: 27 Mar 2015
- HMVidealCategory: ShopsCreated: 23 Mar 2015
- Vida LocaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 18 Mar 2015
- HotshotCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 12 Mar 2015
- The Hong Kong...Category: Arenas, Halls and OutdoorCreated: 12 Mar 2015
- Eggenberg Island Café &...Category: BarsCreated: 11 Mar 2015
- Furstenberg Tai HangCategory: BarsCreated: 11 Mar 2015
- MITTECategory: BarsCreated: 9 Mar 2015
- Seafood StandCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Mar 2015
- PololiCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 8 Mar 2015