- Jason Mraz Live in Hong Kong 2012
- Sun 24 Jun 2012 20:00
- Arena - AsiaWorld-Expo
- Concerts & Live Music
Atlantic recording artist Jason Mraz has announced plans for a major worldwide tour, dubbed “TOUR IS A FOUR LETTER WORD.” He will be staging at the AsiaWorld-Arena on June 24. Tickets on sale 10am Monday April 23. This will be the second time that Jason Mraz is playing in Hong Kong with a sold-out show here previously in 2009. The newly announced dates will celebrate the release of his hugely anticipated new album, “LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD.”
The album – which features the hit single, “I Won’t Give Up” – arrives in Hong Kong stores and at all online retailers today. The global trek, which sees Atlantic Records labelmate Christina Perri opening on the North American leg, will get underway in early June with a series of Asian dates that includes shows in South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore.
Produced by multiple GRAMMY® Award-winner Joe Chiccarelli (The White Stripes, Christina Perri, My Morning Jacket), “LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD” marks Mraz’s finest, most fully realized collection to date. Fueled by magnificently textured arrangements and distinctive vocal landscapes, the album – Mraz’s fourth studio release and first new collection since 2008’s epochal “WE SING. WE DANCE. WE STEAL THINGS.” – fully confirms the San Diego-based singer/songwriter as one of modern pop’s most vibrant and inventive artists.
“LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD” is available now via http://jasonmraz.com/preorder. A variety of unique packages offer fans the opportunity for first access to ticket pre-sales for Jason’s upcoming tour--available only to people who pre-order through jasonmraz.com. Packages include exciting extras such as a limited edition t-shirt featuring Jason’s own Instagram photos, a hand-numbered lithographed poster, a bumper sticker, a tote bag, a magnet set, an instant download of the recently released “LIVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD” EP, and an array of additional album content such as demos, videos, and special bonus tracks. All pre-order packages will also include an exclusive track, entitled “Collapsible Plans,” which is not available anywhere else.
Meanwhile, “I Won’t Give Up” is proving another pop smash for Mraz, having arrived as the week’s #1 most added track at Hot AC radio outlets nationwide upon its February impact date. The track is currently bulleting its way towards the top 10 at Hot AC, while also earning major airplay at Triple A outlets across the country.
With worldwide sales nearing 1 million, “I Won’t Give Up” debuted in the #1 slot on Billboard’s “Digital Songs” chart one week before its January release – the first #1 “Digital Songs” debut since Lil’ Wayne’s “She Will (Feat. Drake)” topped the chart in August 2011.
The song also quickly ascended to #1 on iTunes’ “Top Songs” and “Top Pop Songs” charts, while simultaneously topping digital retailer charts around the world.
The “I Won’t Give Up” companion video – directed by acclaimed filmmaker Mark Pellington (Bruce Springsteen, U2, Pearl Jam) – has just been added at VH1, where it is currently #7 on the channel’s Top 20 Music Video Countdown. The clip has further drawn more than 2 million individual views at Mraz’ official YouTube channel, located at www.youtube.com/user/OfficialJasonMraz. In addition, the “I Won’t Give Up” lyric video has seen over 13 million individual views since its surprise arrival earlier this year.
“The Freedom Song,” penned by Seattle-based singer/songwriter Luc Reynaud – whom Jason hails as “a kindred spirit in a time of healing”– marks the first cover version to be included on a Mraz studio release. An official lyric video for “The Freedom Song” is streaming now at both YouTube and http://jasonmraz.com. The lyric video of “93 Million Miles” and “Everything is Sound” are also available at YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WiqJFq2-o
In February, Mraz released an iTunes exclusive EP, entitled “LIVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD.” The four track collection – featuring live acoustic renditions of two songs from “LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD” alongside longtime favorites, “I Never Knew You” and “You Fckn Did It” – was an instant sensation, reaching #2 on the iTunes “Top Pop Albums” chart as well as #5 on the overall “Top Albums” ranking.
Furthermore, a very special Tangrams online game has just launched on Mraz’s official website, offering fans a weekly puzzle based upon the striking artwork featured on “LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD.” Upon solving each week’s puzzle, fans will receive an exclusive track or acoustic video featuring songs from the new album. For more, please see http://jasonmraz.com/puzzle.
* * * * *
One of the modern era’s most gifted pop troubadours, Jason Mraz’s extraordinary musical journey has taken him from coffee houses to stadiums all over the world, with two GRAMMY® Awards and six nominations already to his credit. His 2008 third album, “WE SING. WE DANCE. WE STEAL THINGS.” was an indelible global blockbuster, earning gold, platinum and multi-platinum certifications in 21 countries around the world. The album’s lead single, “I’m Yours” was ASCAP’s 2010 “Song of the Year” and also holds the record for being the longest-running song in the history of the Billboard “Hot 100” chart. A prolific songwriter, Mraz has been feted with a number of honors, including the Songwriters Hall of Fame’s esteemed “Hal David Starlight Award,” presented to gifted songwriters who are making a significant impact in the music industry via their original songs.
Mraz spent much of 2011 road-testing the songs from his as-yet-untitled new album touring alongside his longtime friend, percussionist Noel “Toca” Rivera. The worldwide trek – which included performances in North America, Africa, Europe, Asia, and Australia – saw Mraz celebrating music’s lasting power to inspire change and help others through global citizenship. Among the journey’s many highlights were multiple sold out shows at such iconic venues as Australia’s Sydney Opera House, New York City’s Carnegie Hall, and Spreckels Theatre in Mraz’s adopted hometown of San Diego.
Long known for his many philanthropic activities, Mraz recently announced the establishment of the Jason Mraz Foundation (http://jasonmraz.com/foundation/), devoted to supporting a number of charities for which he has been a dedicated and impassioned advocate.
For more, please see www.jasonmraz.com and www.atlanticrecords.com.
Jason Mraz “Tour Is A Four Letter Word” Live in Hong Kong
8PM – June 24, 2012
Tickets: HK$480, HK$680, HK$880
Tickets on sale 10am Monday April 23
Tickets available at HK Ticketing and Tom Lee Outlets
Booking Hotline: (852) 31-288-288 Online Booking: www.hkticketing.com
EventList powered by schlu.net
- 02.08.2015 | 12.00 Studio Fitness HK presents Beach Bums
- 05.08.2015 I Love Wednesday: O.T. Genasis
- 05.08.2015 | 20.00 FuFu presents: HULA'LA 07 w/ CRACKAZAT Live (LOCAL TALK / UK)
- 06.08.2015 | 22.00 PLAY Presents: The Ultimate Glow Paint Party (Vol.4)
- 07.08.2015 | 21.00 Tropical Haven Party at Vibes
- 07.08.2015 | 22.00 Heineken Green Room HK
- 07.08.2015 | 22.00 VOLAR Presents DISCO STEP CHILD
- 07.08.2015 | 22.00 RED X CHANDON presents Sail Into Summer Party
- 08.08.2015 - 09.08.2015 | 13.00 Lan Kwai Fong Beer & Music Fest 2015: “Wild West” Themed Party
- 08.08.2015 | 16.00 OUTLOOK FESTIVAL 2015 HONG KONG LAUNCH PARTY
- 08.08.2015 | 16.00 WAVES - The New Beach Party Series hosted by REWIND
- 08.08.2015 | 16.00 The Walrus Grand Opening Street Party
- 08.08.2015 - 15.08.2015 | 17.00 LET'S GET DISCO! @ Lai Yuen Super Summer 2015!
- 08.08.2015 | 20.00 Hanjin Breaking Bad Live in Hong Kong
- 08.08.2015 | 21.00 BEATSHIP x DJ Revolution - MADEON
- NEON IN THE MIST @ ZENTRAL
- HKC Review: BRICK LANE Dessert x Cocktail Pairing Menu
- Dirty South Live from Avalon (July 4 2015 Extended Set)
- BEATSHIP x DJ Revolution - MADEON
- EventNetwork.hk No.8
- W HONG KONG PRESENTS LAST 2 SHOCK WAVE POOL PARTIES ON AUGUST 1 & 22
- Zentral presents NBA official DJ 4Korners
- Bass Agents at Bungalow
- [HKC GIVEAWAY] Songs of Children presents HAPPY MONDAYS
- Interview with Gregor Tresher
- La StationCategory: Cafes and BakeriesCreated: 29 Jul 2015
- Crispy BistroCategory: Cafes and BakeriesCreated: 29 Jul 2015
- The WalrusCategory: BarsCreated: 29 Jul 2015
- Burger JoysCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 22 Jul 2015
- El Loco GringoCategory: BarsCreated: 21 Jul 2015
- AlohaCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 21 Jul 2015
- Sole MioCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 17 Jul 2015
- Mr & Mrs FoxCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 17 Jul 2015
- TRiCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 14 Jul 2015
- Cali-Mex (Quarry Bay)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Cali-Mex (Wan Chai...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Cali-Mex (Central)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- RA Restaurant & LoungeCategory: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Haven Wine & Shisha BarCategory: BarsCreated: 9 Jul 2015
- Maru Korean Restaurant...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Cali-Mex (Lan Kwai Fong)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Sumac Restaurant &...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Merhaba Turkish...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Be on CantonCategory: BarsCreated: 9 Jul 2015
- Al Pasha Silk Road...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Alhambra Shisha & Cigar...Category: BarsCreated: 9 Jul 2015
- Boba BearCategory: BarsCreated: 9 Jul 2015
- Cali-Mex (Sai Ying Pun)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Cali-Mex (Causeway Bay)Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015
- Cali-Mex (Wan Chai...Category: Restaurants (Hong Kong)Created: 9 Jul 2015