BACKdrop Opening Party
Wednesday, 11 November 2009 at 22:00
DROP, Basement, On Lok Mansion, 39-43 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
Did you know that, long before you were born, your "Papa Was A Rolling Stone", but even he sometimes had to "Stop In The Name Of Love" before Mother "Heard It Through The Grapevine"!
Well the team at drop firmly believe that "A Thousand Kisses Is Never Too Much" and would like to invite you to "Come Over To My Place"... So join us on a journey back in time with the launch of our new weekly night " BACKdrop".
• BACKdrop Opening Party, Wednesday 11th November, 10pm till LATE!
• Continues every Wednesday at 10pm.
• No cover charge.
Inspired by owner Joel Lai's love of Soul, Disco and Funk music, genres which formed the basis for all of today's contemporary club music (and quite possibly the conception of many of those dancing to it!), BACKdrop will be a soul-filled odyssey through the unforgettable back-catalogue of Detroit's iconic Motown Records, the label that defined American popular music during the 60's, 70's & 80's.
• Free-flow Smirnoff Vodka for the first hour of the launch party
• The first 5 guests who spend over HK$2500 on the night will receive a complimentary bottle of Smirnoff Vodka (offer continues every Wednesday).
• We will also be selecting guests to receive the ultimate gift, an exclusive drop membership which is something that money simply can't buy!
To entertain all our lovely guests we have pulled out all the stops with the very talented Genevieve 'Gigi' Marentette's live vocals accompanied by DJ's Miles Slater and Tai Pan Dan spinning Motown classics and soul-inspired contemporary music. In keeping with the theme we will also be taking drop back in time with decorations, costumes and more. So make sure you " Keep On Truckin" over to drop on Wednesday... And like Marvin Gaye is so famous for saying, "Let's Get It On"!