The guy behind smashing club hits like Been A While, Show Me Love, Summer On You and more took a little time out of his busy Asia tour schedule and chatted to us about his music and travels. Time to show Sam Feldt some love!
1) How is your latest single doing, are you excited to play it on your Asia Tour?
Hey guys, thanks for having me! I’ve just released Summer On You with Lucas & Steve and it’s doing really well on the radio at the moment. There’s a club mix of it too, that works wonders in the clubs and on festival. Perfect combination.
2) Has the new single been getting a good reaction from the Asian fans?
Definitely! I think it is the perfect blend between a poppy radio song and an upbeat clubby drop. Every time I’ve played it during my Asia tour the crowd went WILD!
3) Is this going to be your first tour in Asia?
I’ve done a couple of one-off shows in Asia before, like a show for Corona in Shanghai and Sunburn Festival in India, but no big tour like this one yet.
4) Do you think it will differentiate from playing in Europe or the UK?
Every region or market has a different taste and style. Asia is no different. Just like I play a different set to a US and a UK crowd, I’m sure I’ll have to adapt to the crowds here in Asia too. But hey, that’s what you’re a DJ for, right?
5) Have you ever been to Asia for leisure? Is there anything your looking forward to seeing?
I’ve never been to any of the cities I’m visiting this tour, so it’s all brand new for me, which makes it even more exciting. I’m looking forward to all stops and especially to try all the amazing local food in my downtime.
6) Do you have certain tracks that work better or are more popular with the Asian fans?
So far I’ve found that the crowds here in Asia know my older songs surprisingly well. They all sing along to songs like Hot Skin or even Bloesem, my first single on Spinnin.
7) What dates are you looking forward to playing in particular?
I love both clubs shows and festival shows since they both have a different but really cool vibe, so all the shows I’m actually looking forward to. Looking at the places I’m visiting I am really excited about Bali, since I have a couple of days to relax there too.
8) Have you planned a set, or will each one be slightly different?
I always kind of know how I want to start my set and how I want to finish it, the rest in between I decide on the fly.
9) It’s definite the tour will do great; will you plan to go out to Asia more often in the future?
Definitely! All my experiences in Asia have been nothing short but amazing and I can’t wait to come back more often (and hopefully have some more time to explore too)
10) You’ve come a long way since the start of your career, your music is popular worldwide! That must be an amazing feeling?
It is, the best feeling in the world for me is being on that stage and seeing people sing along to my own tracks. That’s the cherry on top of the cake.
Continue reading: A Chat with DANNIC about his Asia Tour