We bagged an exclusive interview with the man behind tracks like Afterall, Shake Your Money Maker and Feel Alive, Henrix! We spoke to him about landing a residency at The Light in Vegas (alongside DJs like Alesso, HookNSling and Axwell), as well as his new track and his thoughts on the party industry.
1. Congratulations on the residency at The Light! What can the partygoers expect from your performance?
Thank you! I'm going into my second year of residency there, I love that place! You can expect me playing everything there. Its great how I’m free to play any genre mixed together and people still accept it. When you’re playing at certain cities sometimes you gotta watch what you play. Also people sometimes just want to hear the style you produce. I like to play different things then what I make when I DJ and the Light allows me to do that.
2. Could you tell us how the residency came about and how often will you perform there?
Well I started it last year and it was supposed to only be a few shows. I guess the first time I played they really liked it so they added more shows and extended my residency to this year haha. I will be playing at Light once or twice a moth this year. Really looking forward to bringing my own show and production.
3. For the track Raverz, how’s the response been so far from you or other DJs playing it? Are you excited about the official release?
Ah its been amazing! Me and Adrien Mezsi did it 2 years ago and the support has been big. I get asked a few times a day for the release date for it so that's a good sign haha. I'm extremely excited for it, Its been a long time coming for this release and I'm really looking forward to it.
4. Living in Miami, what do you think about the Winter Music Conference (WMC)? What’s your favourite part?
Its amazing. I get to experience it every year and not have to fly out for it! I live 5-10 min walking distance from the Ultra grounds so its literally in my back yard! I guess my favorite part is being able to see all my DJ buddies together. Its hard for all of us to come together all at once and WMC gives us that opportunity.
5. What significant changes have you noticed over the years in terms of music festivals, parties and gigs?
I think it's become a worldwide phenomenon now. Everywhere you go its EDM. There are way more festivals now and parties, before we used to be a bit limited on festivals and EDM parties. Now they're everywhere.
6. What’s your favourite gig scenario? Do you fancy clubs or festivals better?
That's the million dollar question huh? haha. They're both every different honestly. One you have thousands of people going crazy but you have to cram a bunch of tracks in 1 hour, and the other it's great party vibe but you get to build your set and play longer. I like them both honestly, they each have something that I like.
7. Any plans on coming to Asia or even Hong Kong? We think the Hong Kong crowd would love you!
Ah yes! I'm hoping this year I come over there. I've been dying to go to Hong Kong! I heard it's an amazing city.