Weekend Connoisseur series at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental - Hong Kong
Includes luxurious accommodation and classes for wine and chocolate aficionados
The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong launches the first of its Weekend Connoisseur Series – a comprehensive package incorporating deluxe accommodation, gourmet dining, relaxing spa treatment and all-inspiring classes on wine and chocolate tasting.
Exclusive to The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, these tailor-made wine and culinary programmes will be conducted by experts from Hong Kong’s most prestigious wine school, The Fine Wine School, and by Martin Li, Chocolate Sommelier at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.
Over the weekend, guests will have the special opportunity to savour culinary delights while learning more about the art of tasting and evaluating fine wine and chocolates.
The wine tasting class set for Saturday will provide grape enthusiasts the chance to learn more about the complex and intriguing world of vintage. Sunday’s chocolate class, meanwhile, promises to be an experience both entertaining and informative, when guests with a passion for the delicacy will learn about combinations of textures and mixes of complementary flavours by tasting a variety of the world’s finest single-origin chocolates, including those from Dominican Republic, Tanzania and Madagascar. Participants may also try their hand at innovative cocoa recipes by custom blending chocolate with exotic flavours.
The Landmark Weekend Connoisseur Series offers a host of luxurious delights including:
• Accommodation for two nights
• Welcome bottle of Ruinart champagne
• Daily wine and gourmet amenity
• Daily breakfast at MO Bar
• Three-course tasting lunch at Amber
• Group wine class and wine tasting on Saturday afternoon by The Fine Wine School
• Eight-course gastronomic dinner at Amber on Saturday night (exclusive of beverage)
• Introduction to the world of exotic chocolates with Chocolate Sommelier Martin Li
• Sunday champagne brunch plus sumptuous dessert buffet at Amber
• 60-minute massage at The Oriental Spa
• Complimentary use of The Oriental Spa’s heat experience including Roman laconium, Turkish Hamam, Arabian Rasul, Amethyst Crystal steam room
• Complimentary use of the 18-metre indoor heated pool and state-of-the-art gymnasium
This package is priced at HKD13,988 per room and is valid for two nights between 21 to 24 March, 2008. This offer is subject to availability and is based on double occupancy. Rates are subject to 10% service charge and 3% government tax. Benefits apply to two guests. For reservations please call The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong directly on +852 2132 0088, or through Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s worldwide sales and reservation offices or the Group’s direct on-line reservations service at www.mandarinoriental.com.
(information provided by the pr company)