If you get the chance to go out on the seas around Hong Kong for a yacht or junk boat party it can really be a fun day out!
Usually people bring along food and drink and the boats have speed boats and other activities out at sea. But, there are a few things that you should always keep in mind to make sure everyone, including the staff have a great day.
All the points before are from real experiences that I have seen over the years and thought it was about time to put them together for a read.
- Washrooms – Simply when the toilet says do not flush any paper, just don’t. The toilets are often not the same as your one at home so follow the signs that are usually posted around the washroom, just like they are on most planes. Otherwise they get blocked and then nobody can use it for the rest of the day!
- Cups – I usually mark my own cup on a boat so I can always find it and do not mix them up with other people. When there is a lot of people, this can happen.
- Sports Equipment – If you see some cool looking kayak on the boat, don’t just grab it and throw it into the sea. Check first to see if it is actually part of the boat package. Because if you take it off the boat then you may be stuck with a bill for the additional service.
- Drinks – Don’t be that person who brings the cheapest drinks, sticks them into the cooler and then take the expensive drinks only! You know what you have done, if it is a sharing boat then drink some of your own too, as you were the one that brought it! Also don't just take one swig out of a drink, leave it then get a new one. Keep it with you and finish the one your started with.
- Food – ok, if you help yourself to a plate of food, you should not just take everything and then not eat it. Just take a bit and then go back for more. Don’t waste it where someone else could have had it.
- Towels – Towels do not usually come with the boat booking, so you need to bring your own. So that does not mean you can just take someone else’s because it is there. That is not cool.
- Sea – Please, please do not throw anything into the ocean. Respect the sea and do not throw any rubbish into it ever.
- Be respectful – Usually you are at sea for most of the day and all together, so be respectful to each other because you cannot just leave (well unless you have a speedboat or jet ski) and you are stuck all together for the day.
So everyone enjoy yourselves and keep all of these points in mind! Looking to book a yacht or junk boat? read the article below: